27 Presidio Drive
The idea for Presidio Park was born in 1907 when E.W. Scripps, John D. Spreckels, George W. Marston and several other prominent locals began buying up land above Old Town. About $6,000 worth of land was eventually purchased to commemorate the old military fort that protected early San Diego. William Templeton Johnson was brought aboard as the architect with John Nolan as an advisor. The park provides the setting for grand views of the bay.