The Associated of General Contractors San Diego chapter installed its 2013 officers and board members at its annual installation dinner meeting on Thursday.
Jeff Turner, vice president and district manager of Flatiron Construction Corp., was installed as the chapter’s 68th president. He is taking over for Dave Carlin, senior executive vice president of operations of Soltek Pacific Construction Co.
Turner has served on AGC’s board as the senior vice president, vice president, secretary and treasurer, and has been chair of the government relations, political action and membership committees. He has also chaired AGC’s plan room committee, labor committee and the Caltrans/SANDAG liaison committee.
The other new AGC officers installed were: Brian Jordan of Helix Electric, senior vice president; Walt Fegley of Reno Contracting, vice president; and Jon Cloud of J. Cloud Inc., secretary and treasurer.
Mike Carcioppolo of Hawthorne CAT and Kevin Elliott of Old Roll Inc. were both appointed to the 2013 executive committee.
Thursday festivities also recognized 114 graduates of AGC’s Apprenticeship Program for 2012, two firms in the city of San Diego/AGC Mentor-Protégé Program, the AGC Annual Member Awards and Construction Safety Excellence Awards.
In addition, Ted Rossin of Rossin Steel Inc. was presented with the AGC’s SIR Award for the skills, integrity and responsibility he exemplifies.
More than 380 people attended the installation and awards dinner.
The full list of the awards handed out is as follows:
Construction Safety Excellence Awards
· Building Division: less than 100,000 work hours; Cox Construction Co.
· Building Division: 100,001 - 250,000 work hours; PCL Construction
· Building Division: 250,001 - 450,000 work hours; T.B. Penick & Sons Inc.
· Building Division: 450,001 - 650,000 work hours; Sundt Construction
· Heavy Division: 100,001 - 300,000 work hours; Reyes Construction
· Municipal Division: under 100,000 work hours; Orion Construction
· Municipal Division: 100,001 - 300,000 work hours; Erickson-Hall Construction
· Specialty Division: under 100,000 work hours; Synergy Electric Company, Inc.
· Specialty Division: 300,001 - 500,000 work hours; Frazier Masonry
· Specialty Division: 500,001 - 700,000 work hours; Baker Electric, Inc.
· Specialty Division: 700,001 - 1 million work hours; Dynalectic-SD
· Specialty Division: over 1 million work hours; Helix Electric
· Construction Management Division, under 500,000 work hours: RQ Construction, LLC
AGC Member Awards
· Construction Industry Excellence Award: Swinerton Builders
· Construction Industry Professional Award: Pam Scholefield (Scholefield Construction Law)
· Construction Industry Leadership Award: Carmen Vann (Turner Construction)
· Environmental Stewardship in Construction Award: Orion Construction
· Excellence in Construction Technology Award: Echo Pacific Construction
· Excellence in Marketing Award: Rowan Electric
· Good Business Award: Sundt Construction
· Affiliate company of the Year: Law Offices of Don McKillop
· Affiliate individual of the Year: Rocky Qualin (KPS Insurance)
· Rookie of the Year: John Holem (JRM Consultants & Investigations)
· President’s Award: Hawthorne CAT