Law School/Year: University of California Los Angeles School of Law, 1981
College/Year: University of California Los Angeles, 1978
California State Bar, U.S. District Court, Southern District
Real Estate, Construction
1. Ten-plus year involvement with development of Aviara project in Carlsbad, Calif.
2. Development of Kelly Ranch project in Carlsbad, Calif.
3. Representation of University of San Diego in multiple real estate matters.
4. Multi-state real estate secured financing for LaSalle Bank.
5. Real estate secured financings of a large natural gas facility and a biomass energy facility in 2007.
6. Represented bond insurer in several California real estate secured bond transactions.
7. Many large real estate purchase, sale and leasing transactions.
8. Represented foreclosing lenders and loan servicers in connection with sale and leasing of distressed real estate assets.
Practiced in real estate area at Gray, Cary, Ames & Frye, 1981-1984.
Attorney in Real Estate Department of Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton, 1985-1989.
Practiced real estate law in La Jolla from 1990-1994 (Scalone, Stipanov, Yaffa & Mebane).
Partner of Stipanov & Mebane, real estate boutique law firm, 1995-2004.
Partner of Duane Morris LLP in Real Estate Practice Group, 2004-20010.
State Bar of California, Real Property Section member. American Bar Association, member of Real Property, Probate and Trust section. San Diego County Bar Association, member of Real Estate Section and Environmental Law and Land Use Section. Lawyers' Club member, chair of Lawyers Without Courtrooms Committee. Lecturer for Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB), Lorman Education Services and Counselors of Real Estate programs related to real estate law. Member of The Counselors of Real Estate, a national organization for real estate industry professionals.
Past member, board of directors of UCLA Alumni Association; general counsel to UCLA Alumni Association from 1992 - 1996. Past member, board of directors of NAWBO, San Diego Chapter (National Association of Women Business Owners). Past member, board of directors of Episcopal Diocese of San Diego. Member, board of trustees of Francis Parker School. Past leader of Girl Scout Troop 3320.
Enjoys spending time with family, travel, reading and sports.