Law School/Year: University of San Diego School of Law, 1975, magna cum laude.
College/Year: University of California, Irvine, 1971.
California, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California, U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
Real property, title insurance and business litigation.
* Defense of Johns Manville Corporation in asbestos litigation.
* Defense of San Diego Unified Port District in litigation relating to the delay in the completion of the San Diego Convention Center.
* Prosecution of class action relating to the 2000-2001 electricity crisis on behalf of regional water districts and municipalities.
* Defense of State of California, Department of Water Resources-State Water Project relating to the 2000-2001 electricity crisis.
* Defense of San Diego Diocese litigation.
* Defense of Wells Fargo Bank in litigation arising from the construction of State Route 125.
I have had the privilege to defend corporations and individuals in a variety of cases including representation of title insurance companies, banking institutions, religious denominations and public agencies and entities. Until its dissolution, I was a partner of Hillyer & Irwin and since 2000, I have been a partner of Best Best & Krieger, LLP in its San Diego branch office. Between 1984 and 2002, I taught a trial practice course as a member of the Adjunct Faculty of the University of San Diego School of Law.
State of California, American Bar Association.
Married to Leslie Niles Hanna, four children: Erin, Catie (Sullivan, Hill, Lewin, Rez & Engel), Courtney and Timothy.