Law School: Western State University College of Law
California; U.S. District Court, Southern, Central, Northern; U.S. Court of Federal Claims; U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit; Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals; Armed Services Civilian Board of Contract Appeals; VA Board of Contract Appeals
Business Litigation; Civil Litigation; Commercial; Construction; Corporate Business
Thomas M. Finrow has been practicing law in San Diego County for almost 30 years, with construction law being his primary area of practice throughout his entire career. For 10 years prior to and during law school, Finrow worked for a local navy contracting firm, holding positions such as project manager, superintendent, assistant superintendent, quality control inspector (CQC), office manager and safety officer. Due to his extensive field experience, Finrow is able to evaluate job problems and claims in all areas of construction, often without the aid of an expert, saving time and money. In addition, Finrow's extensive experience includes areas of the law attendant to the construction industry, including labor law, business law and business entity formation.
Finrow has extensive experience in the handling of Change Orders, Claims and Disputes connected with U.S. Government construction projects, going back almost 40 years to his days as a CQC and project manager for a local navy contracting firm. Finrow provides legal services in the following areas:
* Jobsite review of disputes and change orders
* Jobsite investigation of possible change orders
* Computation of extended overhead, impact and delay costs
* Computation of Owner acceleration costs
* Recognition of Government interference and delay
* Investigation and preparation of initial change order requests to the Government, after review of plans, specs, government reports, etc.
* EEO, Small Business Protests & Program Analysis
* Procurement of Government documents through the Freedom of Information Act
* Preparation of Board of Appeals cases and/or negotiation
* Set-up of contractor documentation systems for tracking change orders, delay and government interference, etc.
* Project walk-through during all phases of construction for problems, delays and change orders
* Miller Act claims
* Court of Claims appeals
* Bid protests
* Prevailing wage audits/violations
Finrow and his team also has extensive experience in California state construction law.