Law School/Year: Boalt Hall School of Law, University of California, Berkeley, 1985
College/Year: University of Illinois, 1982
Ray's significant representations within the last year include:
* Representation of Arden Realty in numerous leases in San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Northern California, Portland, Seattle and Chicago including the following in the last 12 months:
* Lease at Governor Executive Centre II, San Diego, CA to UCSD (50,000 square feet).
* Lease at Towne Centre Plaza, Foothill Ranch, CA to Loan Depot (85,000 square feet). * Lease in Fremont, CA to NovaSolar (65,000 square feet).
* Lease at Augustine Business Park, Santa Clara, CA to Tektronix (55,000 square feet).
* Lease at Canyon Park Commons, Seattle, WA to New Cingular Wireless (40,000 square feet).
* Lease at Commerce Plaza, Chicago, IL to Treehouse Foods (50,000 square feet).
* Representation of Trizec Sorrento Towers, LLC in Lease to PricewaterhouseCoopers at Sorrento Towers, San Diego, CA
* Representation of California Bank & Trust in purchase, sale, lease and sublease transactions with respect to their over 100 facilities in California.
Ray is a partner in the firm's Del Mar Heights office where he heads that office's leasing practice. He provides institutional investors throughout the United States the expert legal counsel that allows them to realize maximum profit from their real estate holdings. A specialist in leasing, he also offers expertise in the acquisition, development and sale of office and mixed-use projects. Ray has represented landlords in various complex lease provisions, including lease takeover provisions, extensive overlapping expansion and contraction rights, and build-to-suit work letter/construction and related commencement date issues. He has successfully completed major leasing deals totaling more than 10 million square feet in Southern California over the past ten years. His practice also includes property management issues, broker listing and registration agreements and related contract negotiations. On the tenant side, Ray provides expertise to office, industrial and retail tenants in a wide range of lease negotiations and transactions, including pass-through, subleasing and assignment issues, sale/lease-backs, leases with purchase options and contracts for tenant improvements.
Ray has participated in numerous real estate industry seminars and conventions. He has acted as counsel for the American Industrial Real Estate Association and has authored several chapters in the California Continuing Education of the Bar Office Leasing Guide. Ray is a member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of California, the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the San Diego County Bar Association. Personal Affiliations Ray is a member of the board of directors of Conner’s Cause for Children.