Businesses have two options today when it comes to their Information Technology (IT) infrastructure:
* Do it in-house. Continue to pay for IT in advance or lease it, design, procure, plan, install, host and manage your own IT infrastructure (hardware and software) at your corporate office, and hire internal IT employees to manage it. You would also have to build an in-house computer room/data center with expensive power and cooling.
* Or, avoid all this hassle and pay for it as a fixed-price monthly service in the cloud in a state-of-the-art data center.
As a business owner, I’ve had nightmares about losing our computer room to a fire. So back in 2000, we decided to put all our servers and storage in an offsite data center.
In March 2011, we moved to a new office. We only needed to move furniture.
Recently, one of our customers lost their data center because a power outage caused water condensation from the AC units to drip on the computer room and damage all their equipment.
In September 2011, when the power outage hit San Diego, we lost power at 3:45 p.m. I was in the middle of composing an email. We got power back on at 10:30 p.m. When I logged back on to my computer, I went right back to that email I was writing. We did not lose anything.
Why should you go to the cloud and pay for your IT on a monthly fixed price investment?
* If you buy IT yourself, you are stuck with it whether you use it or not.
* If you buy IT yourself, you will still need to hire a company to install it for you.
* If you buy IT yourself, you will need to hire a full-time IT team to maintain and manage it on a daily basis. You could be held hostage to the limited talent of a few people who often get bored with working in one environment and end up leaving. This puts you in the constant vicious cycle of having to replace IT people when you are not in the IT business.
* If you buy IT yourself, you will need to invest a lot of money in building an onsite computer room/data center and invest in a lot of cooling and power equipment. What if you don’t even own the building?
* If you host IT yourself and need to relocate your business, you will end up spending a lot of money moving the IT equipment.
But going to the cloud can be risky. At GTC Systems we minimize the risk and offer month-to-month cloud hosting packages. Other providers won’t, because they want to eventually sell the company, which only benefits them and puts their customers at greater risk. GTC Systems is here to stay.
Please visit GtcCloud.com/flawless or, call 858-560-5800, ext. 103 for more information. We will come out to your office to do an initial assessment and give you honest recommendations.
Submitted by Keith Michael Esshaki, CEO of GTC Systems Inc.