The Association of Fundraising Professionals San Diego Chapter is looking for eight outstanding philanthropists, volunteers and nonprofit organizations to be recognized at the organization’s 42nd annual philanthropy awards luncheon as part of National Philanthropy Day.
The awards luncheon will be on Tuesday, Oct. 28, at the Hilton Bayfront Hotel San Diego.
National Philanthropy Day highlights the importance of public and private partnership and collaboration in philanthropy, and the role of the development staff and volunteers in philanthropy, and is also committed to celebrating the rich diversity in the region. The presenting sponsor of National Philanthropy Day 2014 is Sharp Healthcare.
The categories are:
* Outstanding Organizational Volunteer
* Outstanding Development/ Fundraising Volunteer
* Outstanding Philanthropic Organization
* Outstanding Philanthropic Corporation
* Outstanding Celebrity Volunteer
* Outstanding Youth/Student Volunteer
* Outstanding Philanthropist
* Outstanding Development Professional
The application will be available online beginning Thursday, May 1. The deadline for submissions is Friday, May 30 at 5 p.m. For more details about the categories and the online nomination process, please visit: NPD2014.org.