LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Authorities say 6 people who were helping clean up UCLA's flooded Pauley Pavilion are being treated for exposure to toxic carbon monoxide.
Los Angeles fire spokeswoman Katherine Main says the men were helping pump water out of the arena shortly before 7 p.m. Wednesday when they fell ill from generator exhaust.
Main says four were treated at the scene and two were taken to the hospital in fair condition.
She says all were alert and breathing.
Main says the equipment was turned off and the building aired but there's no word yet on whether the de-watering operation has resumed.
The pavilion's court was covered with up to 10 inches of water on Tuesday when a 30-inch water main broke on a nearby street and sent water cascading onto campus.
Comments are moderated by SDDT, in accordance with the SDDT Comment Policy, and may not appear on this commentary until they have been reviewed and deemed appropriate for posting. Also, due to the volume of comments we receive, not all comments will be posted.
SDDT Comment Policy: SDDT encourages you to add a comment to this discussion. You may not post any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other material that would violate the law. All comments should be relevant to the topic and remain respectful of other authors and commenters. You are solely responsible for your own comments, the consequences of posting those comments, and the consequences of any reliance by you on the comments of others. By submitting your comment, you hereby give SDDT the right, but not the obligation, to post, air, edit, exhibit, telecast, cablecast, webcast, re-use, publish, reproduce, use, license, print, distribute or otherwise use your comment(s) and accompanying personal identifying and other information you provide via all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity. SDDT Privacy Statement.
All contents herein copyright San Diego Source ® 1994-2015