AZUSA, Calif. (AP) -- Police in a Los Angeles suburb now say a report of the attempted kidnapping of an 11-year-old boy was false.
Azusa police had initially said the boy was walking home from a Labor Day family gathering when he fought off a man who tried to pull him inside a van.
But in a statement Wednesday, police said after investigating they are “confident no kidnapping occurred.”
They had been circulating a description of the van and the man who had reportedly jumped from the passenger seat to abduct the boy.
Police did not say how the false story emerged, and said because of the age of the child and the sensitivity of the investigation they will release no further information.
All contents herein copyright San Diego Source ® 1994-2016