BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS
SAN DIEGO UNIFIED PORT DISTRICT
JANUARY 27, 1998
3165 Pacific Highway
San Diego, California
PLEASE COMPLETE A REQUEST TO SPEAK FORM PRIOR TO THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE MEETING AND SUBMIT IT TO THE DISTRICT CLERK.
Starred Items (*) are considered to be routine, and will be acted upon with one vote. If you wish an item removed from the Consent Agenda, submit your request to the District Clerk prior to the commencement of the meeting.
Note: Agendas are available in alternative formats upon request. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate at public meetings, please contact the Port Clerk?s office at (619) 686-6206 in advance of the meetings.
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of minutes for the special meeting of January 12, 1998 and regular meeting of January 13, 1998.
*3. Resolution Accepting Easement from Brock and Stacy Walsh for a Passive Surveillance Radar Station. (Aircraft noise monitoring station).
*4. Resolution Authorizing Third Amendment to Agreement with Unison Consulting Group, Inc. to Provide Financial Consulting Services Regarding Interim Air Cargo Facilities; and to Complete the Amended Passenger Facility Charges (PFC) Application to the FAA, and Other Documents increasing the fees by $40,000.00.
*5. Resolution Establishing Rent - Fish Market Restaurants - San Diego.
*6. Ordinance Granting Amendment to Lease with United States of America (Customs) (Incorporation of an easement area for a roof antenna at ?B? Street Cruise Ship Terminal).
*7. Resolution Authorizing First Amendment to Agreement with Dall and Associates for Coastal Advocacy Related Services increasing the fees by $35,000.00.
*8. Resolution Authorizing Third Amendment to Agreement with Kimberly Boone Associates for Professional Services for Space Planning and Preparation of Contract Documents to Remodel the Port Administration Building, increasing the fees by $27,285.00
*9. Resolution Authorizing Payment to the City of San Diego for Plan Check Fee for Pacific Highway Improvements at Sassafras in an amount not to exceed $7,000.00.
*10. Resolution Authorizing First Amendment to Agreement with Studio E Architects for Professional Services for Relocation of Aviation Offices, Commuter Terminal Building, Lindbergh Field, San Diego increasing the fees by $196,420.00. (Emergency Operations Center).
*11. Resolution Authorizing Substitution of Subcontractor (J. P. Witherow Roofing Co. in lieu of Pacific Coast Roofing) for Contract 97-01 with Clauss Construction for Relocation of Aviation Offices, Shell Improvements, Commuter Terminal Building, San Diego International Airport.
*12. Resolution Selecting Consultant and Authorizing Negotiations for Professional Engineering Services for Paving Projects at San Diego International Airport, Lindbergh Field. (Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. recommended).
13. Status report from Charles Robbins, the Port?s representative on the World Trade Center Board of Directors.
14. Expression of support for educational opportunities partnership agreement with Kimball Elementary School. (Postponed from January 13 meeting).
15. Recognition of Project Team for the successful completion of the Tenth Avenue Marine Terminal seawall repair project.
16. Ordinance Granting Exclusive Negotiating Agreement to Harbor Ventures, LLC for Proposed Entertainment-Oriented/Specialty Retail Development Adjacent to and in Conjunction With Seaport Village.
17. Resolution Consenting to Fifth Avenue Landing Sublease and Sublease Amendment to Quiet Heart Enterprises, Inc. (Operation of a water transportation center and temporary venue for special events such as boat shows).
18. Resolution Selecting Service Provider and Authorizing 3-year Agreement With Selected Provider for Security Services at San Diego Unified Port District Administration Building. (W.M.P. Security Service Company recommended).
19. Resolution Selecting Consultants and Authorizing Agreements With Selected Consultants for Professional Services to Provide Hazardous Waste Management and Emergency Response Services on an as-needed basis in an aggregate amount not to exceed $2,000,000.00 (Laidlaw Environmental Services, Inc. and Philip Services Corporation are recommended).
20. Resolution Adopting Board of Port Commissioners? Policy 355 - Establishing Policies for the Leasing of Real Property Administered by the District. [This Policy 355 replaces BPC Policies 350 (Leasing Policy), BPC 351 (Subleasing), BPC 352 (Lease Rental Policy) and BPC 354 (Amendments, transfers or assignment of leasehold interest)].
21. Status report from Port Staff regarding the ongoing planning efforts of the North Embarcadero Alliance.
22. Notification of Execution of Agreement for $2,000.00 with Moffatt & Nichol Engineers dba Moffatt, Nichol & Ferver Engineers for Plan Check Services to Install Counterweight and Springline Mooring System, Imperial Beach Pier.
23. Notification of Execution of First Amendment to Agreement with Katz, Okitsu & Associates for Traffic Engineering Consultant Services for Modifications of Traffic Signal At Sassafras Street and Pacific Highway, increasing the fees by $5,400.00
24. Monthly Notification of Change Orders Pursuant to BPC Policy 110:
a) Change Order Nos. 2, 3,4, and 6 for $70,293.47, $47,775.20, $53,425.10, and $59,000.00 to Contract No. 96-09 with C&B Steel for Steel Mill, Fabrication & Erection.
b) Change Order No. 7 for $12,640.00 and 3 calendar days to Contract No. 96-54R with Tony Wanket Construction, Inc. to Remodel Port District Board Room.
c) Change Order No. 5 for $2,182.12 to Contract No. 96-69 with R. M. Hasson to Replace Awning Fabric and Paint Exterior Cruise Ship.
d) Change Order No. 2 for $6,654.60 to Contract No. 95-52 with Simplex Time Recorder for Monitoring, Testing, Maintaining Fire Alarm Systems.
25. Monthly Notification of Change Orders Pursuant to BPC Policy 110 related to Lindbergh Field Construction Program.
All items listed were included in cost projections previously discussed.
a) Change Order Nos. 1 and 2 for $7,911.00 and $4,738.00 respectively to Contract 97-11 with Neal Electric to Upgrade Apron Lighting.
b) Change Order Nos. 95, 96, 104 and 111 for $95,282.00, $11,817.00, $67,818.00, and $17,834.00 respectively to Contract 96-01 with Douglas E. Barnhart, Inc. for Concourse F, Terminal 2.
c) Change Order Nos. 50, 51 and 52 for $36,508.37, $29,561.88 and $38,010.98 to Contract No. 96-02 with Kiewit Pacific Co. for Airport Road System/Harbor Drive Improvements.
26. Public Communications (3 minutes each). No actions may be taken on these items.
27. Commissioner Comments. No actions may be taken on these items.
28. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - POTENTIAL LITIGATION
Government Code Section 54956.9(b)(1) - 1 case
29. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - POTENTIAL LITIGATION
Government Code Section 54956.9(c) - 1 case
30. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - EXISTING LITIGATION
Government Code Section 54956.9(a):
Aquatic Habitat Management Corporation vs. SDUPD
31. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
Government Code Section 54956.8
Property: Lane Field
Negotiating Parties: City of San Diego; County of San Diego;
Center City Development Corporation, and
the United States Navy
Under Negotiation: Price and Terms of Payment
NOTE: For those planning to attend the Board meeting, parking is available in the attended parking lot on the north side of Sassafras Street, across from the Port Administration Building. Please see the District=s receptionist in the lobby for parking validation. (Validation must be done no later than 5:00 p.m., so please stop on your way in to the building rather than awaiting the conclusion of the meeting.)
A 24-hour telephone line (686-6577) has been established to provide information about the Commissioners' names and city representation; Port mailing address; future Board meeting dates; and list of agenda items for the earliest upcoming meeting.
Pub. Jan. 23-e108083
NOTICE OF REQUESTFOR QUALIFICATIONS
Notice is hereby given that the San Diego Unified Port District is seeking
NEGATIVE DECLARATIONIMPERIAL BEACH PUBLIC
Notice is hereby given that the San Diego Unified Port District has prepared a Draft Negative Declaration which finds that the following project has no significant effect on the environment:
The proposed project consists of development on a 6,000 square foot lot at the southeast corner of Elder Avenue and Ocean Lane, as follows:
? A 3,679 square footprint, two story building with a four story observation tower and deck for lifeguard and sheriff operations.
? Year round access from Elder Avenue to the sandy beach for emergency vehicle access.
? Internal vehicle storage for four lifeguard vehicles.
? Hardscape and landscape site improvements.
? Seawall with revetment erosion protection for the emergency vehicle access as well as the observation tower.
The Draft Negative Declaration and referenced materials are available for public review in the Planning & Environmental Management Department Office of the San Diego Unified Port District's Administration Building. Any comments to the proposed finding of a Negative Declaration should be filed with the Clerk on or before February 23, 1998.
The comments should state the specific reasons why the environment is adversely affected.
The San Diego Unified
Office of the Clerk,
3165 Pacific Highway,
P.O. Box 488,
San Diego, California 92112.
Pub. Jan. 23-e108079
|Browse By Publication Date||Months in 1998||Days in January 1998|
1998 Public Notices