Published In The Daily Transcript
Advertised public notices, printed in a newspaper of general circulation, are required by California law. Within the individual category, notices are arranged by print publish day in reverse chronological order.
Online, on a selected date, the notices are arranged in alphabetical order.

PUBLISHED: Friday January 03, 2014


NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that San Diego County Superintendent of Schools of San Diego County, California hereinafter referred to as SDCOE, will receive up to, but not later than 10:00 A.M. (PST) of January 28, 2014, sealed bids for the award of a contract(s) for:
BID NO. 1314-009

Bids shall be received in the Internal Business office Attn: Michele Nye, the Bid Administrator, Office of Purchasing, Building 5, Room 501, SDCOE, 6401 Linda Vista Road, San Diego, CA 92111. Bids will be opened in the Conference Room on this day immediately following the submission deadline. Bids will be publicly read aloud, with a recap of submitted pricing being available at a later date. Bids received after this time will be returned unopened. Parking is limited so plan accordingly. Oral, telephone, facsimile, or electronic submission of bids will not be accepted.

Each bid must conform and be responsive to this invitation, Bid Securities, Contract Documents and all plans, specifications and any other documents comprising the pertinent Contract Documents, copies of which are now on file and may be obtained after December 20, 2013 [Note: Our office will be closed for winter break from 12/21/13 through 1/01/14] at the Purchasing Department Supervisor Office, Building 6, Room 603, SDCOE, 6401 Linda Vista Road, San Diego, CA 92111 or by submitting an e-mail request to
All Bidding Questions and Requests for Clarification as to bidding process will only be accepted in writing via e-mail to ATTN: Bid Administrator, All questions submitted shall contain the bid number and title in the subject line “BID 1314-009 Optical Fiber Based Metro Ethernet Circuitry – 16 JCCS Sites”. All questions must be received no later than five (5) days prior to bid opening.

Each bid shall be accompanied by the security referred to in the Contract Documents, the non-collusion affidavit, and all additional documentation required by the Instructions to Bidders section of the Contract Documents.

The successful bidder shall file performance and payment bonds approved by the SDCOE in the form set forth in the contract documents.

If any construction work is involved with this project, the Director of Industrial Relations has determined the general prevailing rate of per diem wages in the locality in which this work is to be performed for each craft or type of worker needed to execute the contract which will be awarded to the successful bidder(s), copies of which may be obtained from the Director of Industrial Relations. It shall be mandatory upon the Contractor(s) to whom the contract is awarded and upon any subcontractor under him to pay not less than the said specified rates to all workers employed by him in the execution of the contract.

Award of Bid: The SDCOE intends to award a contract(s) on the basis of most cost effective services to the SDCOE. The bid will be awarded based on the criteria for award of a services agreement as follows: Award shall be made as a complete bid to the lowest, responsive and responsible bidder. The SDCOE reserves the right to reject any or all bids or to waive any irregularities or informalities in any bids or in the bidding process, and to judge the merit and qualifications of the bidder and of the equipment offered.

The SDCOE is seeking 90% funding from E-Rate funding and the SDCOE will pay the remaining 10% of the total cost. If E-Rate is not 100% funded, the SDCOE reserves the right to reject all bids.

No bidder may withdraw his bid for a period sixty (60) calendar days after the date set for the opening of bids.

Pam Gilles
Senior Director Internal Business Services
San Diego County, CA
Publication: San Diego Daily Transcript
Publication Dates: December 20, 2013 and January 3, 2014-00116739

PUBLISHED: Friday January 03, 2014

Browse By Publication Date Months in 2014 Days in January 2014
2014 Public Notices