BOARD OF PORT COMMISSIONERS
SAN DIEGO UNIFIED PORT DISTRICT
January 13, 1998
3165 Pacific Highway
San Diego, California
PLEASE COMPLETE A REQUEST TO SPEAK FORM PRIOR TO THE COMMENCEMENT OF THE MEETING AND SUBMIT IT TO THE DISTRICT CLERK.
Starred Items (*) are considered to be routine, and will be acted upon with one vote. If you wish an item removed from the Consent Agenda, submit your request to the District Clerk prior to the commencement of the meeting.
Note: Agendas are available in alternative formats upon request. If you require assistance or auxiliary aids in order to participate at public meetings, please contact the Port Clerk?s office at (619) 686-6206 at least five days in advance of the meetings.
1. Roll Call
2. Approval of minutes for the special and regular meetings of December 16, 1997.
* 3. Port Commission Meetings
a) Resolution amending section 2 of BPC Policy 021 to provide for establishing the regular meetings of the BPC on an annual basis and to change the regular meeting time to 1 p.m.
b) Resolution establishing the regular meeting dates for 1998.
* 4. Resolution awarding a contract for $25,155.32 to Miramar Pontiac-GMC Truck for one stake-bed truck.
* 5. Resolution declaring certain specified items of equipment to be surplus to the needs of the District, and further authorizing their disposition in accordance with BPC Policy No. 111.
* 6. Ordinance amending District Ordinance 1400 eliminating the December 31, 1997 expiration date for the current aircraft landing rate at San Diego International Airport (current rate will continue in effect unless/until changes are brought to the Board for action).
* 7. Resolution authorizing Change Order No. 120 for $126,908.00 to Contract No. 96-01 with D. E. Barnhart, Inc. for Concourse F, Terminal 2, San Diego International Airport.
* 8. Resolution Authorizing Advertisement for Bids to Construct Access Platforms for HVAC Equipment, Terminal 1, San Diego International Airport.
* 9. Cruise Ship Terminal
a) Resolution authorizing agreement with Moffatt, Nichol & Ferver Engineers for Professional Services for Conceptual Study of Passenger Loading Bridge, Cruise Ship Terminal Facility, San Diego, CA, in an amount not to exceed $52,255.00. (Memorialization of earlier Board action).
b) Resolution authorizing agreement with Manuel Oncina, Architect for Professional Services for Interior Modifications, Cruise Ship Terminal Facility, B Street Pier, San Diego, CA, in an amount not to exceed $81,190.00. (Memorialization of earlier Board action).
* 10. Resolution authorizing third amendment to agreement with Studio E Architects for Professional Services to Prepare Contract Documents and to Provide Construction Phase Services for the Imperial Beach Pier Plaza Improvements increasing the fees by $30,050.00.
* 11. Resolution authorizing first amendment to agreement with Earth Tech, Inc. for Professional Services for Street Ends Improvement Projects in Imperial Beach increasing the fees by $38,679.72.
* 12. Resolution authorizing second amendment to agreement with Brown & Schnick Engineering, Inc. for Professional Services to Upgrade Existing Lighting on Harbor Drive from Broadway to the U. S. Coast Guard Station, San Diego, increasing the fees by $27,850.00 and extending the term of the agreement to December 31, 1999.
* 13. Resolution authorization to join and participate in the Coalition for Airport Funding Reform.
* 14. Tarantino?s Restaurant Building (5150 North Harbor Drive)
a) Resolution adopting the Final Negative Declaration for the demolition of restaurant building and directing staff to file a Notice of Determination.
b) Resolution authorizing advertisement for bids to demolish restaurant building.
15. Expression of support for educational opportunities partnership agreement with Kimball Elementary School.
16. Presentations from Harold Lewis et al, The Leeds Group and Sunroad Enterprises for hotel development on Harbor Island.
17. Resolution waiving Policy 110 regarding selection from a slate of candidates and, authorizing one-year contract renewal with Carpi & Clay for Legislative Representation in Sacramento in an amount not to exceed $56,600.00.
18. Notification of execution of agreement with Blaylock Engineering Group for independent engineering and constructability review of project Revet West Slopes, National City Marine Terminal in an amount not to exceed $2,100.00.
19. Notification of execution of first amendment to agreement with Curry Price Court for structural engineering consultant services for asbestos abatement, structural improvements, and installation of windows in preparation for the development of office space on the Fifth Floor, Port Administration Building, increasing the fees by $3,800.00.
20. Notification of execution of agreement with Simon Wong Engineering for Structural Engineering Consulting Services in an amount not to exceed $25,000.00.
21. Public Communications (3 minutes each). No actions may be taken on these items.
22. Commissioner Comments. No actions may be taken on these items.
23. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - POTENTIAL LITIGATION
Government Code Section 54956.9(b)(1) - 2 cases
24. CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL - POTENTIAL LITIGATION
Government Code Section 54956.9(c) - 1 case
25. CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
Government Code Section 54956.8
Property: NE of Harbor Island Drive "T" Intersection
Negotiating Parties: Leeds Group, et al.
Under Negotiation: Price and Terms
NOTE: For those planning to attend the Board meeting, parking is available in the attended parking lot on the North side of Sassafras Street, across from the Port Administration Building. Please see the District's receptionist in the lobby for parking validation. (Validation must be done no later than 5:00 p.m., so please stop on your way in to the building rather than awaiting the conclusion of the meeting.)
A 24-hour telephone line (686-6577) has been established to provide information about the Commissioners' names and city representation; Port mailing address; future Board meeting dates; and list of agenda items for the earliest upcoming meeting.
Pub. Jan. 9-e107916
SPECIAL BOARD MEETING2:00 P.M.
January 12, 1998
A special meeting of the Board of Port Commissioners of the San Diego Unified Port District has been scheduled for Monday, January 12, 1998, at 2:00 p.m. The special meeting will be held at the Sheraton San Diego Hotel and Marina, West Tower, 1590 West Harbor Island Drive, Bel Aire Room (North), San Diego, California.
1. Roll call.
2. Election and swearing-in of new Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary for 1998.
3. Remarks from new Chair.
4. Public communications (3 minutes each). No action may be taken on these items.
A reception with light refreshments will immediately follow this special meeting.
Pub. Jan. 9-e107914
|Browse By Publication Date||Months in 1998||Days in January 1998|
1998 Public Notices