Advertised public notices, printed in a newspaper of general circulation, are required by California law. Within the individual category, notices are arranged by print publish day in reverse chronological order.
Online, on a selected date, the notices are arranged in alphabetical order.
SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIAIn the Matter of:
COUNTY OF SACRAMENTO, SITTING AS THE
Minor(s) born: 6-20-12, 6-20-12
Case No(s): 233696, 233697
SECTIONS 294 & 366.26
THE PEOPLE OF THE
STATE OF CALIFORNIA
TO: TONY CONTRERAS, FATHER, DATE OF BIRTH IS UNKNOWN, OR ANYONE CLAIMING TO BE THE FATHER OF THE ABOVE-NAMED CHILDREN BORN TO SHARON SULLIVAN, MOTHER, DATE OF BIRTH June 23, 1992.
PUBLISHED NOTICE OF HEARING AND NOTICE
TO PARENT OF RIGHTS AND
PURSUANT TO WELFARE AND
SECTIONS 294 and 366.26
1. YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED THAT on December 2, 2014, at 8:30 a.m. in Department 135 of the Sacramento County Juvenile Court, Superior Court of California, located at 3341 Power Inn Road, Sacramento, CA 95826, a hearing will take place pursuant to Welfare and Institutions Code, Section 366.26, to either terminate your parental rights or to establish a guardianship for your children or to place your children in long-term foster care.
2. You are further notified that the Sacramento County Department of Health and Human Services, Petitioner, will recommend the following action: termination of parental rights permanently and a court order that the above-named minor be placed for adoption.
3. You have the right to personally appear in court and be heard in this matter.
4. On the above date the Court will determine the best permanent plan for your children. Evidence will be presented
. After hearing the evidence presented by the parties, the Court will make one of the following orders:
a. Terminate your parental rights permanently and order that the children be placed for adoption;
b. Without permanently terminating your parental rights, identify adoption as the permanent placement goal and order that efforts be made to locate an appropriate adoptive family for your children for a period not to exceed 60 days;
c. Without permanently terminating your parental rights appoint a legal guardian for your children and issue letters of guardianship; or,
d. Order that your children be placed in long-term foster care, subject to the regular review of the Juvenile Court.
5. You may have the right to have an attorney represent you at the hearing. If you cannot afford an attorney, the Court will appoint an attorney for you, unless you knowingly and willingly waive your right to representation by an attorney. You have the right to present evidence at the hearing.
6. You have the right to request a trial on the issue of what permanent plan is best for your children. You have the right to present evidence. You have the right to use the Court's power to compel the attendance of witnesses to testify on your behalf. You have the right to confront and cross-examine any adverse witnesses. You have the right to confront and cross-examine the preparers of any reports submitted to the Court by the Sacramento County Department of Health and Human Services, Petitioner. You have the right to assert the privilege against self-incrimination.
7. Any order of the Court permanently terminating your parental rights shall be final and you shall have no legal rights to the care, control or custody of the children.
8. Ten (10) days prior to the hearing, the Sacramento County of Sacramento Department of Health and Human Services will prepare an assessment report containing its recommendation in this matter. You have the right to read the report and obtain a copy of the report. You should immediately contact the social worker assigned to your children dependency case or your attorney if you have any questions or if you would like to read and obtain a copy of the report.
9. If you fail to appear at the hearing, the Court will proceed in your absence to adopt one of the above-mentioned permanent plans. Such proceedings may include the termination of your parental rights so that your children may be placed for adoption.
If you have any questions regarding this procedure, please contact the specified below or an attorney.
DATE: September 23, 2014 SHERRI Z. HELLER , DIRECTOR
byHans A. Gregerson Paralegal
Department of Health and Human Services
Paralegal Services (916) 875-4136
9/26, 10/3, 10/10, 10/17/14CNS-2671391#
THE DAILY TRANSCRIPT
Pub Sept 26, Oct 3, 10, 17 -00124085