SAN DIEGO COUNTY WATER AUTHORITY
NOTICE INVITING BIDS
PIPELINE 3 CARBON FIBER LINING REPAIR
1. Date of Opening Bids: Notice is hereby given that sealed bids will be received by the San Diego County Water Authority by mail or in its office at 4677 Overland Avenue, San Diego, California 92123-1233, until January 9, 2006 at 1:00 p.m. for the foregoing project. The bids so submitted will be publicly opened and read aloud at that time.
2. Form of Bid: The bid shall be made on the following forms provided by the Water Authority: Bid Proposal; Bidding Sheet; Noncollusion Affidavit; Bidder's Bond (not required if cash or certified or cashier's check accompanies bid); Bidder's Plan for Construction; Subcontractor List (Schedule B-1); and Vendor/Supplier and Service Provider List (Schedule B-2); contractorÕs qualifications (as defined in Section 08930 of the Contract Documents). These documents shall constitute the bid.
3. Small Contractor Outreach and Opportunities Program: The San Diego County Water AuthorityÕs Small Contractor Outreach and Opportunities Program is designed to maximize participation of diverse, local, qualified, prime contractors, subcontractors, and material suppliers seeking to do business with the Water Authority. The Contractor hired to complete the scope of work identified in this request for bids will be determined, in part, by the ContractorÕs demonstrated effort in conducting effective outreach to small contractors. Effective implementation of the Water AuthorityÕs SCOOP is a requirement. If the apparent low bidder does not satisfy these SCOOP requirements, the bidder will be deemed non-responsive.
4. Location of Work: The project site is located in four separate areas as follows:
Pipe Section No. 1395, 69-inch Diameter, Station 4201+92: Located in Mission Trails Park, north of the San Diego River.
Pipe Section No. 1371, 69-inch Diameter, Station 4206+39: Located in Mission Trails Park, north of the San Diego River (s).
Pipe Section No. 868, 66-inch Diameter, Station 4239+85: Located in Mission Trails Park, between the San Diego River and Mission Gorge Road.
Pipe Section No. 932, 69-inch Diameter, Station 5048+47: Located northwest of Eastlake Parkway in Chula Vista.
Access to the sites are limited to public streets and the Water AuthorityÕs access roads. See Thomas BrotherÕs Guide (2005 Edition) page 1250 Ð Grid C1, page 1250 Ð Grid C2, Page 1250 Ð Grid D2, and Page 1311 Ð Grid F6, respectively.
For further description of project locations, please review the Contract Documents.
5. Description of Work: The work is as follows:
Furnishing all plant, tools, equipment, materials, supplies, manufactured articles; furnishing all labor, transportation and services, including fuel, power, water, and essential communications; and performing all work, or other operations required to apply layers of carbon fiber reinforcing to the interior surfaces of four pipe sections located in Pipeline 3 (Pipe No. 1395 at Station 4201+92, Pipe No. 1371 at Station 4206+39, Pipe No. 868 at Station 4239+85, and Pipe No. 932 at Station 5048+47). Complete all work during a 12-day shutdown period between March 7, 2006 and March 18, 2006. Pipeline 3 is an existing prestressed concrete cylinder pipe having an inside diameter varying between 66 to 69 inches. Pipe length per joint section is approximately 22 feet. (See Appendix B - Reference Drawings.)
6. Contract Document Review: Contract Documents showing the character of the work may be seen at the offices of the Water Authority, 4677 Overland Avenue, San Diego, California 92123-1233. Contract Documents may be purchased at the non-refundable amounts shown below.
The work shall be performed in accordance with the Water Authority's General Conditions and Standard Specifications, 2005 Edition, as amended and as modified by the project "Contract Documents." The prices for specification documents are listed below.
Pickup Document Price
Contract Documents $10.00
General Conditions and Standard Specifications $15.00
To order Specifications or to request general information, please contact Melissa Retener at phone (858) 522-6804, fax (858) 268-7802, or email at email@example.com. An additional charge of $5.00 per document will be charged for U.S. mailing.
7. Alternative Schedule: None.
8. Bid Security: Each bid shall be accompanied by cash, certified or cashier's check, or bid bond in the amount of 10 percent of the total bid price payable to the Water Authority as a guarantee that the bidder, if the bid is accepted, will execute the agreement and provide the required bonds, certificates of insurance, and endorsements within 15 days of the receipt by the bidder of the Notice of Award.
9. Award of Contract: All terms and conditions contained in the Contract Documents shall become a part of the Contract. No bidder may withdraw its bid for a period of 90 days after the time set for the opening thereof. The contract shall be awarded within 90 days after the opening of bids, if it is in the interests of the Water Authority to do so. The Water Authority reserves the right, after opening bids, to waive any informality in any bid, to reject any or all bids, to make an award to the lowest responsive responsible bidder, as determined by the Water Authority, and reject all other bids as may be in the best interest of the Water Authority. A bidder to whom an award is made will be required to execute the agreement and provide the required bonds, certificates of insurance, and endorsements within 15 days of the receipt by the bidder of the Notice of Award.
10. Prevailing Rates of Wage: : In accordance with the provisions of the California Labor Code, the Water Authority has obtained from the Department of Industrial Relations the general prevailing rates of wages in the locality in which the work is to be performed, and it shall be mandatory upon the Contractor to whom the contract is awarded and upon any subcontractor to pay not less than the specified rates to all workers employed in the execution of the contract. The Contractor shall cause a copy to be posted at the job site. Copies of the prevailing rates of wages are on file and available for review by any interested party at the offices of the Water Authority, 4677 Overland Avenue, San Diego, California 92123-1233.
11. Substitution of Securities: Pursuant to Section 22300 of the California Public Contract Code, the Contractor may request the Water Authority to make retention payments directly to an escrow agent or may substitute certain securities for money withheld by the Water Authority to ensure performance under the contract, as provided in the General Conditions of the Contract Documents.
12. ContractorÕs License: The Water Authority has determined that the Contractor shall possess and maintain a valid Class "A" General Engineering Contractor license at the time the contract is bid. Failure to possess the specified license shall render the bid as non-responsive and shall act as a bar to award the contract to any bidder not possessing said license at the time of bid. All subcontractors shall have and maintain a current and valid contractor license of the required classification from the State of California.
13. Site Review: As identified in the "Bidder's Plan for Construction," prospective bidders are encouraged to conduct a site review of the project prior to bid. The Water Authority will conduct a site visit on December 21, 2005 immediately following the Prebid Meeting. Prospective bidders are required to provide their own transportation during the site visit.
14. Prebid Meeting: Prospective bidders are encouraged to attend a Prebid meeting relative to the proposed project. It is not mandatory for the Bidder to attend the Prebid Meeting. The Water Authority will conduct the meeting at 2:00 p.m., December 21, 2005. The meeting will be held in the Board Room of the Water Authority located at 4677 Overland Avenue, San Diego, California 92123-1233.
15. Exploratory Excavations or Borings: Prospective bidders may perform exploratory excavations or borings at the site with written approval from the Water Authority. Approval may be granted in locations where in the opinion of the Water Authority, soil-boring activities will not be in non-compliance with project environmental permit requirements, and will not pose a threat to the existing pipelines. Access to the site is restricted to public streets and the Water AuthorityÕs patrol road. Water Authority personnel must escort bidders to the site and observe excavating, borings, and backfilling. Prospective bidders shall also obtain all necessary environmental clearances and agency permits, notify Underground Service Alert, protect all utilities and facilities, provide traffic control, and restore excavations to original conditions to the Water Authority's satisfaction. Exploratory excavations or borings are at the sole expense and risk of the bidder.
16. Project Administration: All questions relative to this project prior to the opening of bids shall be directed to:
San Diego County Water Authority
4677 Overland Avenue
San Diego, CA 92123
Attention: Melissa Retener, Contract Technician
Telephone: (858) 522-6804
Fax: (858) 268-7802
SAN DIEGO COUNTY WATER AUTHORITY
/s/ Michael T. Stift
Assistant Director of Engineering
Pub. Dec. 14,19-k115736
|Browse By Publication Date||Months in 2005||Days in December 2005|
2005 Public Notices