Advertised public notices, printed in a newspaper of general circulation, are required by California law. Within the individual category, notices are arranged by print publish day in reverse chronological order.
Online, on a selected date, the notices are arranged in alphabetical order.
PUBLISHED: Monday December 22, 2008
NOTICE OF PETITION FOR HEARING, PETITION
AND ORDER FOR THE HUMANE DESTRUCTION OR
DISPOSITION OF BIRDS PURSUANT TO PENAL CODE SECTION 599aa
Hearing Date: 12/23/2008
Time: 9:00 AM
SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA
FOR THE COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO
IN RE: 58 Roosters seized Pursuant to Penal Code 597d on November 23, 2008 at 38751 De Luz Road in the Unincorporated Portion of Fallbrook in the County of San Diego, California
Comes now the Petitioner, County of San Diego Department of Animal Services, and hereby submits the following: Notice of Petition for Hearing, Petition and Order for the Humane Destruction or Disposition of Birds.
Petitioner hereby requests the court order the County of San Diego Department of Animal Services to humanely destroy or otherwise dispose of 58 roosters which remain unclaimed and were seized in accordance with the provisions of California Penal Code Sections 597d and 599aa at 38751 De Luz Road, in the unincorporated portion of Fallbrook in the County of San Diego, California.
I, Kalani Hudson, declare the following under penalty of perjury:
1. I am an Animal Control Officer employed by the County of San Diego Department of Animal Services for approximately 7 years and currently assigned to the North County Animal Shelter in the County of San Diego, State of California.
2. On November 23, 2008, County of San Diego Sheriff's Department Deputies and County of San Diego Animal Control Officers made a warrant-less entry at 38751 De Luz Road, in the unincorporated portion of Fallbrook in the County of San Diego, California, based on a report of a cockfight in progress at that property. Among other items of evidence showing a cockfight in progress, 64 gamecocks were seized pursuant to Penal Code 599aa(d). These seized gamecocks were found in portable bird carriers scattered in the agriculture grove on the property after multiple parties fled from authorities. No one has claimed ownership of the seized gamecocks.
3. Numerous items associated with illegal cockfighting were found on the property including recently injured and/or dead gamecocks, injectable performance enhancing drugs, first aid supplies, syringes, portable bird carriers, scales, Mexican short knives, a entry form/call sheet indicating multiple planned cockfights, a fighting pit, a concession stand and other items. Leg-bands on the majority of the seized birds matched fight entries on the call sheet.
4. Ownership was established for 300 of the gamecocks on this property on November 23, 2008. All 300 of these birds were relinquished by their owners to the County of San Diego Department of Animal Services for humane euthanasia.
5. Pursuant to Penal Code 599aa(d), all birds for whom ownership could not be determined were seized and taken to an appropriate animal storage facility. Photographs were taken which depict the birds, property and related evidence. These photographs and all other evidence seized are maintained in the Department of Animal Services case file.
6. As of December 16, 2008 the Department has been unable to locate the owners of 64 birds left abandoned on the property, despite ongoing attempts to locate them. Notices have been posted on the property with Animal Services contact information. The Department of Animal Services has been feeding and caring for the remaining birds abandoned on the property on a daily basis. Additionally, most of the birds have been trained for fighting and must be segregated from one another due to their aggressive nature. Thus they are unsuitable for adoption. Six of the gamecocks required humane euthanasia for injuries they sustained, leaving 58 game cocks as the subject of this petition.
7. Your Affiant requests permission to humanely destroy or dispose of the 58 remaining birds pursuant to Penal Code 599aa(e) because:
A. Ownership of the seized animals or birds cannot be determined after reasonable efforts by the County of San Diego Department of Animal Services currently serving as the custodian for the birds.
B. The County of San Diego Department of Animal Services has held the birds for more than 10 days.
C. The County of San Diego Department of Animal Services will publish a copy of this request (petition) for three successive days in a newspaper of general circulation.
At the conclusion of the three days, the County of San Diego Department of Animal Services shall request the magistrate hold a hearing on the petition whereby the court may order the animals or birds to be humanely destroyed or otherwise disposed of until 4 days after the order.
Your Affiant has spoken with Deputy District Attorney Elisabeth Silva who has reviewed this petition for legal sufficiency.
Executed at San Diego, California, this 16th day of December, 2008./s/ D. Hudson
Animal Control Officer K. Hudson
Pub. Dec 18, 19, 22-00050733
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on Tuesday, January 6, 2009, a public hearing as required by Section 147(f) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the Code) will be held by the Board of Supervisors of the County of San Diego (the County) with respect to the proposed issuance of revenue bonds (the Bonds) by the California Statewide Communities Development Authority (the Authority) in an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $140,000,000, which bonds may be issued in one or more series. The proceeds of the Bonds will be loaned by the Authority to Chabad of San Diego, a nonprofit public benefit corporation duly organized and existing under the laws of the State of California (the Borrower) for the purposes, among other things, of financing the acquisition, construction, improvement, furnishing and equipping of a certain residential adult university center including complete residential units, a gymnasium, preschool, and classroom facilities located at 10785 Pomerado Road, San Diego, California 92131 (the Project). The Project is owned and operated by Friends of Chabad Lubavitch, San Diego, an organization described in Section 501(c)(3) of the Code.
The hearing will commence at 2:00 p.m., local time, or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard and will be held at the Board of Supervisors Chambers, Room 310, 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego, California 92101. Interested persons wishing to express their views on the issuance of the Bonds or on the nature and location of the facilities proposed to be financed may attend the public hearing or, prior to the time of the hearing, submit written comments. The Public Hearing is intended to comply with the public approval requirements of Section 147(f) of the Code.
Additional information concerning the above matter may be obtained from, and written comments should be addressed to, Clerk of the Board of Supervisors of the County of San Diego, 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego, California 92101.
Date: December 22, 2008
COUNTY OF SAN DIEGO
By: /s/ Thomas J. Pastuszka
Thomas J. Pastuszka
Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
Pub. December 22-00050836
FILE NO. 2008-036442
FICTITIOUS BUSINESS NAME STATEMENT
THE FOLLOWING PERSON(S) IS (ARE) DOING BUSINESS AS: SUSHI MORI, 2163 AVENIDA DE LA PLAYA, LA JOLLA, CA 92037 (SAN DIEGO). The full name of registrant(s) is/are: MORI INC, (CA) 5235 GENESEE COVE #58, SAN DIEGO, CA 92122. This Business is being conducted by a/an: CORPORATION. The registrant commenced to transact business under the fictitious business name/names listed above on: N/A.
I declare that all the information in this statement is true and correct. (A registrant who declares true, information which he knows to be false, is guilty of a crime).
/s/ MORI INC, BY: EUN HEE KIM, PRESIDENT
This statement was filed with the County Clerk of SAN DIEGO County on 11/21/08 indicated by file stamp above.
NOTICE-THIS FICTITIOUS NAME STATEMENT EXPIRES FIVE YEARS FROM THE DATE IT WAS FILED IN THE OFFICE OF THE COUNTY CLERK. A NEW FICTITIOUS BUSINESS NAME STATEMENT MUST BE FILED PRIOR TO THAT DATE. The filing of this statement does not of itself authorize the use in this state of a fictitious business name statement in violation of the rights of another under federal, state, or common law (See Section 14411 et seq., Business and Professions Code).
LA144728 DAILY TRANSCRIPT 12/1, 8, 15, 22, 2008-00050083
Notice of Initiation of Section 106
Cricket Communications intends to construct wireless telecommunications facilities in San Diego County, California at the following locations: 25005 N. Centre City Pkwy., Escondido (SAN-251-A); 3000 Guajome Lake Rd., Oceanside (SAN-254-B); 29277 Valley Center Rd., Valley Center (SAN-259-B); 1335 La Cresta Blvd., El Cajon (SAN-560-C); 9689 "A" Chocolate Summit Dr., El Cajon (SAN-557-A); 1686 Lomas Santa Fe Dr., Del Mar (SAN-158-B); and 390 N. Hidden Trails Rd., Escondido (SAN-255-A). Comments regarding potential effects to Historic and Cultural Resources may be sent to Jessica Ochoa with Terracon Consultants, Inc. at 16662 Millikan Ave., Irvine, California 92606. Phone 949.660.9718, FAX 949.660.9732.
Pub. Dec 19, 22-00050765
PUBLIC NOTICE OF WITHDRAWAL OF THE NOTICE OF INTENT TO ADOPT A
OTAY WATER DISTRICT
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Otay Water District (OWD) is withdrawing the draft Negative Declaration (ND) for the Sycuan Reservation Annexation to the OWD (proposed project) in the County of San Diego, California. This withdrawal allows for further consultation with responsible agencies and interested parties in furtherance of policies to protect the public and the environment. The original Notice of Intent to Adopt a Negative Declaration for the Sycuan Reservation Annexation was published on December 1, 2008 and the review period was scheduled to conclude at 5:00 pm, December 30, 2008. Any written comments received for this document may be returned to the sender(s).
Questions on the project may be addressed to:
OTAY WATER DISTRICT
Attn: Lisa Coburn-Boyd
2554 Sweetwater Springs Blvd.
Spring Valley, California 91978-2004
or by e-mail to
Pub. December 22-00050844
PUBLISHED: Monday December 22, 2008