PORT OF SAN DIEGO
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Proposed Amendment, Port of
San Diego Tariff No. 1-G
On May 10, 2005, the Board of Port Commissioners will hold a Public Hearing concerning the proposed amendment of Port of San Diego Tariff No. 1-G's tariff rates and charges. The District staff will present the following recommendations to the Board.
1) The implementation of a 5% tariff rates increase, effective August 1, 2005 for vehicle rates and effective July 1, 2005 for all other items, excluding:
1. Pilotage rates - which per previous agreement are exempt.
2. Passenger fees - which per previous agreement are exempt.
3. Crane fees - which are proposed to be exempt to encourage increased utilization.
The proposed 5% rate increase is based on: the California Association of Port Authorities (CAPA) authorization of a 5% General Rates Increase (GRI) effective July 1, 2005, to recover additional costs incurred by ports including security, infrastructure and maintenance. Additionally, the Producers Price Index (PPI) for Marine Terminal Operation/Wharfage has shown a 5.5% increase for 2004. The PPI measures the average change over time of selling prices experienced by producers of goods and services, thus measuring the cost of offering services by ports.
The proposed effective date for vehicle rates increase is different from other items, as negotiated last year with Pasha to coincide with their business cycle.
2) The amendment of Tariff Item 0735, Space Occupancy Rate, by adding rates for the Cruise Ship Terminal. Current space occupancy rates are intended for cargo storage/warehousing at the Tenth Avenue and National City Marine Terminals. Proposed rates are more appropriate for the Cruise Ship Terminal.
3) The establishment of Tariff Item 0736, Temporary Office Occupancy. As maritime business develops, there is increased demand from cargo interests for temporary office occupancy to support maritime-related operations. Tariff Item 0736 establishes rates, charges and procedures for providing temporary space occupancy in these situations
4) The performance of tariff language "clean-up" and minor modification actions to update and clarify various tariff items.
1. Public Hearing
The District staff is targeting the May 10, 2005 meeting of the Board of Port Commissioners for an Agenda to consider staff's recommendations. The Board meets at 1:00 p.m. in the Board Room, Port of San Diego Administration Building, 3165 Pacific Highway, San Diego, California, 92101.
Availability of Proposed Amendment in its Entirety
Copies of the proposed amendment to Tariff No 1-G are available for review at the Port of San Diego Administration Building, Clerk's Office, Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm.
Persons wishing to comment on this matter may appear at the Public Hearing and/or may present comments in writing to the Commission before the hearing date. All persons wishing to testify must complete a speakers slip (available at the Public Hearing) and submit it to the District Clerk.
Submittal of Comments
Maritime Division staff is available to meet with tenants and customers at their convenience and in advance of the public hearing if they wish to discuss the proposed tariff amendments. Persons not able to attend the Public Hearing or wishing to submit written comments for review by the Commission are requested to submit them to the Maritime Trade Development Department by May 5, 2005. Written comments may be submitted by letter, fax or e-mail and will become part of the formal correspondence file. The Maritime Trade Development Staff will give all written comments to the Commission.
April 21, 2005
Maritime Trade Development Department
San Diego Unified Port District
San Diego, Ca 92112-0488
Telephone (619) 686-6387
Pub. April 29, May 6-k113869
Unified Port of San Diego
The San Diego Harbor Police, a division of the Unified Port of San Diego, in accordance with Section 526 of the Harbors and Navigation (H&N) Code, hereby give notice of intention to destroy the following unclaimed or unregistered vessels:
¥ 8Õ Blu/Wht Dinghy stored from the Grape St. Piers per 523(a)(5) H&N
¥ 7Õ Wht Dinghy stored from the NC Launch Ramp per 4.02/8.25(a) UPDC
The first vessel is stored at the Harbor Police Shelter Island Sub-Station, 1401 Shelter Island Dr., San Diego, CA 92106. The second vessel is stored at the Port of San Diego Dry Storage Facility, 850 Lagoon Dr., Chula Vista, CA 91910.
Any person having proof of ownership or a legal claim to the above listed vessels must contact the San Diego Harbor Police prior to May 20, 2005, at 3380 N. Harbor Drive, San Diego, CA 92101, or (619) 686-6277 or (619) 686-6272.
Pub. May 6, 9,10,11,12, 13,16, 17,18,19, 20, 23, 24, 25-k113914
|Browse By Publication Date||Months in 2005||Days in May 2005|
2005 Public Notices