The 2,400-square-foot Anne and William Hamilton House, a historically designated (Mills Act) Queen Anne Victorian built in the Sherman Heights Historic District in 1900 at 1940 Market St., San Diego 92102, has been sold for $700,000.
The buyer was Mohawk Brothers Properties LLC, 14442 Rancho del Prado Trail, San Diego 92127. The managers of Mohawk are Dan and Mark Feder.
The acquisition was financed with a loan of $455,000 from BOFI Federal Bank.
The seller of the property (assessor's parcel 535-190-05) was Heritage Clinic and the Community Assistance Program for Seniors, a California nonprofit religious corporation. Vatche Kelartinian is the owner/CEO of the seller.
The two-story structure was substantially remodeled in 2006 from the studs with new electrical and heating systems, CAT-5 network wiring thoughout, 60-gallon hot water heater, copper and plastic plumbing, internally-wired smoke detectors, light fixtures, roof, wrought-iron fence with motorized driveway gate, hardscape and landscaping with a sprinkler system. The house has two substantially remodeled offices.
The staircase has been restored with its original beehive spindles, asymmetrical handrail, and Maple paneling.
The crowning jewel is the 11-foot high (ca. 1850) French stained glass window. The second story features two porches -- at the front and rear of the home -- offering views of San Diego.
The house is located above downtown San Diego on a 6,190-square-foot lot and has views through its many windows of the skyline, Petco Park, San Diego Bay, Coronodo Bridge, Point Loma and Balboa Park.
The property was sold in December 2008 for $1.1 million, with financing of $550,000 from Wachovia Bank.