The Building Industry Association handed out 31 awards during its fourth annual Icon Awards banquet held at the Hyatt Regency in La Jolla.
Awards went out for categories such as architectural, interior and landscape design.
Sudberry Properties was named as “builder/developer of the year.”
Projects of the year went to Sudberry Properties’ Circa 37 at Civita for attached homes, and Pardee Homes’ Alta Del Mar for detached homes.
Best affordable housing project, which was a new category this year, was given to Chelsea Investment Corp. and Emerson Construction Inc. for their work on the Estrella del Mercado Apartments.
Best architecture design awards went to:
· Nakhshab Development & Design, multifamily residence work on Union 4;
· Dahlin Group Architecture Planning, single family homes under 3,000 square feet on Brookﬁeld Homes’ Seaside Ridge;
· Bassenian/Lagoni Architects, single family homes over 3,000 square feet on Pardee Homes’ Alta Del Mar Plan 3;
· The McKinley Associates, affordable housing for sale or rent for Shea Homes’ Iris, and;
· Dahlin Group Architecture Planning, special projects or spaces for Boys & Girls Clubs of Carlsbad.
Best interior awards went to:
· Ami Samuel Interiors Inc. for Shea Homes’ Origen Social Garden Plan 3, multifamily residence;
· CDC Designs for Brookﬁeld Homes’ Big Sky Plan 1, single family homes $29 square feet and under;
· Pacific Dimensions Inc. for Alta Del Mar Plan 3, single family homes $30 square feet and above;
· Blackbird Interior Inc. for Tekis House, custom homes, and;
· Klang & Associates Inc. for Meridian at Lake San Marcos.
Best landscape design went to SIA Inc. for its work on Pardee Homes’ single-family home development Alta Del Mar Plan 3.
Best sales/leasing office was given to Design Line Interiors Inc. for the Davidson Communities’ MARICEL Sales Center.
Best marketing campaign was awarded to Greenhaus Inc. for Sudberry Properties’ Civita.
BIA member awards went to:
· Jeffrey Bare, construction sales representative of the year;
· Paige Buckner, sales professional of the year;
· Martin Duggan, rookie of the year;
· Kay Grimes, Industry professional of the year;
· Ryan Martin, engineer of the year;
· Maria Meeuwisse, sales/leasing/marketing manager of the year;
· Julie Menas, associate of the year;
· Jim O’Neal, superintendent of the year;
· Tom Perez, consultant of the year;
· Mark Radelow, project manager of the year;
· Ancient Art Tile & Stone Inc., finish trades contractor of the year;
· Hill Construction Co., custom homebuilder/remodeler of the year;
· Martin Roofing Co., rough trades contractor of the year, and;
· New Pointe Communities, consultant teams of the year.
Approximately 500 building industry professionals attended the event.