For over 50 years, Hawthorne CAT has kept San Diego moving and growing, supplying the building needs for nearly all the area’s freeways, residential and commercial developments. Hawthorne CAT is proud to take part in shaping San Diego (currently ranked the ninth largest city in the U.S.) and supporting contractors with construction equipment sales, rentals, parts and service.
From the Beginning
In 1956, J.B. and J.T. (Tom) Hawthorne were awarded the San Diego Caterpillar dealership. In 2005, Tee Ness acquired Hawthorne CAT from Tom Hawthorne. Tee actively oversees all of Hawthorne’s divisions.
Looking Forward To The Next 50 Years
Hawthorne CAT is committed to partner with their customers, satisfying their needs with exceptional products and services, supported by an empowered team who demonstrate strong work ethic, integrity and teamwork. This type of focus has and will continue to allow Hawthorne CAT to grow well into the next fifty years.
Hawthorne CAT Divisions
Hawthorne serves various industries including heavy construction, general building construction, earthmoving, excavation, quarry and aggregate, landscaping, marine, paving, waste management, engine power, power generation and grounds maintenance.
* Machinery Division -- Located in Rancho Bernardo, this is the corporate headquarters for all the Hawthorne divisions. In addition, it is home for sales, product support, parts, service, marketing, and finance personnel, who are the hub of Hawthorne's staff of over 500 employees worldwide.
* Power Systems Division -- Provides sales, rentals and services the power generation, marine, on-highway trucking, and other engine-related markets. It has outstanding skills in building, rebuilding and packaging engines and power systems of all sizes from standby power to turnkey generators and cogeneration plants. Located in Kearny Mesa, this division has branches in Hawaii and Guam.
* Rental Service Division -- Offers rental equipment to the construction and industrial market including the rental of heavy and compact equipment, generators, lighting, welders, compressors, dump trucks and more from Caterpillar and other allied brands. This division has branches in San Diego, Hawaii and Guam.
* Samoa Division -- Located in Pago Pago, this division fills the marine and construction needs in American Samoa. This facility provides complete sales, parts, and service staff to the worldwide tuna fleet, the construction industry, power plants, and all aspects of the industrial markets.
* Hawaii Division -- Located in Waipahu, Hawaii, this division provides sales, rentals, parts and service of Caterpillar machinery and power systems. It also represents Kubota, Toro, Club Car and other allied brands to complement its product line. It serves various industries including: heavy and general construction; quarry and aggregate; paving; agriculture and landscaping; marine; engine and power generation. Eight branch facilities are located throughout the region on Oahu (Waipahu and Mapunapuna), Hawaii (Hilo and Kona), Maui, Kauai, Guam and Saipan.
Submitted by Hawthorne CAT.