Ernst & Young LLP has announced the semi-finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year award in San Diego.
This group was selected by an independent judging panel comprising regional business, academic and community leaders. Finalists will be announced in May, with the winners revealed at a gala event on June 09 at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla.
"For the past 24 years, Ernst & Young has honored the best entrepreneurs through our Entrepreneur Of The Year program," said Dan Kleeburg, Ernst & Young LLP Entrepreneur Of The Year Program Director for San Diego. "We recognize the tremendous impact these entrepreneurs have in San Diego. They are truly on the forefront of the economic recovery."
The San Diego semi-finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year award in 2010 are:
* Allan Camaisa, Founder & CEO, Anakam;
* Russ Mann, Co-founder & CEO, Covario;
* Jason Levin, President, Dos Gringos;
* David Hartman, President & CEO, Easy-Turf;
* Larry Gilbert, President & CEO, Event Network;
* Yehudi Gaffen, CEO & Principal, Gafcon;
* Jonathan Lim, President & CEO, Halozyme;
* Maureen Gray, Founder & CEO, KBM Facilities Solutions;
* Brad Chisum, CEO, Lumedyne Technologies;
* Kishore Seendripu, CEO, MaxLinear;
* Frederick Pierce, President & CEO, Pierce Education Properties;
* Marcus Hompesch, President & CEO, Profil Institute for Clinical Research;
* Gerald Proehl, President & CEO, Santarus;
* Paul Buss, CEO, Skinit;
* David Schofield, President & CEO, Skylight Health Systems;
* Ellen Morgan, President & CEO, Synteract;
* Tim Penick, President, T.B. Penick;
* Scott Huennekens, President & CEO, Volcano;
* David Kay, President & CEO, WordSmart;
* Lale White, Chairman & CEO, Xifin; and,
* Robert Christie, President & CEO, 3E Company.
The Entrepreneur Of The Year program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year award regionally are also eligible for the Venture Capital Award of Excellence on a national level. The overall national US winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year title in June.
This year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards program celebrates its 24th anniversary. The program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 135 cities in 50 countries throughout the world. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who demonstrate extraordinary success in the areas of innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Entrepreneurs are nominated and evaluated by those in each region, including local business, academic and community leaders.
All regional honorees are invited to the national Entrepreneur Of The Year gala, hosted by Jay Leno, on Nov. 13 in Palm Springs, Calif. The gala is the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. For more information on the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum, visit www.ey.com/us/strategicgrowthforum.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards have the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America as national sponsors.
In San Diego, sponsors include Marsh, Union Bank, Cox Business, Foundation for Enterprise Development, The Daily Transcript, and Scherzer International.
To make reservations for the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards gala on June 09, contact Irene Veca of Ernst & Young LLP at 858-535-7383 or Irene.Veca@ey.com by May 28, 2010. Tickets are $250 per person. For more information about the program, visit www.ey.com/us/eoy/SanDiego.