A mixture of technology, life science, alternative fuel and brewing companies have made the list of semi-finalists for this year’s Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year awards in San Diego.
Finalists will be announced in May, with the winners revealed at a gala event on June 16 at the Hyatt Regency, La Jolla. The list includes:
· Advanced Diabetes Supply, CEO, Mark Howard;
· Alphatec Spine, President and CEO, Dirk Kuyper;
· Bekaert Specialty Films, President and COO, Christophe Fremont;
· Bluepoint Solutions, President and CEO, Hal Tilbury;
· Cliniqa, Chairman, Granger Haugh;
· D&K Engineering, CEO and President, Scott Dennis and Alex Kunczynski;
· DexCom, President and CEO, Terrance H. Gregg;
· Digitaria Interactive, CEO, Daniel Khabie;
· Dos Gringos, President, Jason Levin;
· E Band Communications, CEO, Sam Smookler;
· ecoATM, CEO, Tom Tullie;
· Fyfe Co., President, Edward Fyfe;
· Goodsource Solutions, President and CEO, Craig Shugert;
· Kineticom, CEO, Simon Billsberry;
· Legend 3D, CEO, Barry Sandrew;
· Life Technologies, Chairman and CEO, Greg Lucier;
· Lumedyn Technologies, CEO, Brad Chisum;
· Millenium Lab Holding, CEO, James Slattery;
· On-Ramp Wireless, President & CEO, Joaquin Fernandez Silva;
· Palomar Technologies, CEO, Bruce Hueners;
· PCN Technology, President & CEO, Venkat Shastri;
· Proximetry, CEO, Tracy Trent;
· Safety Syringes, President & CEO, Peter Nolan;
· Service-now.com, CEO, Fred Luddy;
· SG BioFuels, President and CEO, Kirk Haney; and
· Stone Brewing, CEO, Gregory Koch.
Previous winners of the award, leading chief executives, private capital investors and other regional business leaders helped select the semi-finalists. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who have demonstrated excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
The Entrepreneur Of The Year program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year award regionally are also eligible for the Venture Capital Award of Excellence on a national level.
The overall national U.S. winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year title. Entrepreneurs are nominated and evaluated by those in each region, including local business and community leaders.
4370 La Jolla Village Dr. Ste., 500
San Diego, CA 92122
Sept. 6, 2012 -- George Chamberlin speaks with Reid Carr, president and CEO of Red Door Interactive, about the growth of his Internet marketing company.
July 26, 2012 -- Arthur Gruen, CEO of EA Health, speaks with George Chamberlin about his efforts to turn his company into a "health care safety net" solution worldwide.
July 26, 2012 -- George Chamberlin and Dave Alberga, CEO of The Active Network, discuss the company's growth and the range of industries it now serves
July 26, 2012 -- Jon Sundt, CEO of Altegris Investments Inc., talks with George Chamberlin about what his company specializes in and what makes it successful.
July 25, 2012 -- Scott Dennis, CEO, and Alex Kunczynski, president of D&K Engineering, talk with George Chamberlin about their company and what it means to be named a winner of the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year program.