Ernst & Young LLP announced the 27 semifinalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012 Award in the San Diego region.
The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected from nearly 80 nominations by a panel of independent judges.
Award winners will be announced at a special gala on June 13 at the Hyatt Regency Aventine in La Jolla.
The semifinalists are:
* Jon Sundt, CEO, Altegris Investments Inc.
* Susan Salka, CEO & president, AMN Healthcare
* Daniel Bradbury, president and CEO - Amylin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
* Gene Lay, founder and CEO, BioLegend
* Ryan Peddycord, CEO, Business.com Media
* Theodore Schroeder, president & CEO, Cadence Pharmaceuticals Inc.
* Scott Dennis, CEO, and Alex Kunczynski, president, D&K Engineering
* Arthur Gruen, CEO, EA Health Corp.
* Tom Gildred, CEO, Emerald Textiles
* Keith Esshaki, CEO, GTC Systems Inc.
* Gregory Frost, president & CEO, Halozyme Therapeutics
* Sue Farrow, executive chairman, Integral Senior Living
* Barry Sandrew, founder, president, CCO and CTO, Legend3D
* Gary Rayner, CEO, LifeProof
* Robert Feeney, founder and CEO, MedVantx
* Peter Leparulo, CEO and chairman, Novatel Wireless
* Pedro Lichtinger, president & CEO, Optimer Pharmaceuticals
* Bruce Hueners, CEO & president, Palomar Technologies Inc.
* Bertrand Liang, CEO, Pfenex Inc.
* Frederick Pierce, president & CEO, Pierce Education Properties LP
* Reid Carr, president and CEO, Red Door Interactive
* Darrin Hegemier, chief strategy officer, Skinit Inc.
* Daniel Sullivan, president, Sullivan Solar Power
* Dave Alberga, CEO, and Matt Landa, president, The Active Network
* Kelly Grismer, president, The Wheat Group, Inc.
* Jeffrey Stein, president & CEO, Trius Therapeutics
* Jason Kulpa, CEO, Underground Elephant
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the Ernst & Young National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the Ernst & Young National Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs on Nov. 17. The awards are the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. In San Diego, sponsors include: Marsh, Union Bank, ADP, Cox Business, Scherzer, The Daily Transcript, and Citrus PR.