Ernst & Young announced the 18 finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year 2012 Award in the San Diego.
The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected from more than 80 nominations by a panel of independent judges.
Award winners will be announced at a special gala on June 13, 2012 at the Hyatt Aventine, La Jolla.
The finalists are:
* Arthur Gruen, CEO - EA Health Corp., Solana Beach
* Gene Lay, Founder & CEO - BioLegend, San Diego
* Daniel Bradbury, President & CEO - Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc., San Diego
* Scott Dennis, CEO and Alex Kunczynski, President - D & K Engineering, San Diego
* Susan Salka, CEO & President - AMN Healthcare, San Diego
* Robert Feeney, Founder & CEO - MedVantx, San Diego
* Jon Sundt, CEO - Altegris Investments, Inc., La Jolla
* Reid Carr, President & CEO - Red Door Interactive, San Diego
* Kelly Grismer, President - The Wheat Group, San Diego
* Frederick Pierce, President & CEO - Pierce Education Properties, L.P., San Diego
* Daniel Sullivan, President - Sullivan Solar Power, San Diego
* Sue Farrow, Executive Charman - Integral Senior Living, Carlsbad
* Dave Alberga, CEO and Matt Landa, President - The Active Network, San Diego
* Peter Leparulo, CEO and Chairman - Novatel Wireless, San Diego
* Bruce Hueners, CEO & President - Palomar Technologies, Inc., Carlsbad
* Tom Gildred, CEO - Emerald Textiles, San Diego
* Gary Rayner, CEO - LifeProof, San Diego
* Jeffrey Stein, President & CEO - Trius Therapeutics, San Diego
Now in its 26th year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Program has expanded to recognize business leaders in more than 140 cities in more than 50 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for the Ernst & Young National Entrepreneur Of The Year Program. Award winners in several national categories, including one overall award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs on Nov. 17, 2012. The awards will be the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum to be held Nov. 14-18, 2012, also in Palm Springs.
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are nationally sponsored in the United States by SAP America and the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation. In San Diego, sponsors include: Cox Business, Marsh, Union Bank, ADP, Scherzer Intl., The Daily Transcript, Citrus PR, and Dr. & Mrs. J. Robert Beyster.