EY announced semifinalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2015 Award in San Diego and Imperial Counties.
The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected as semifinalists from nearly 65 nominations by a panel of independent judges.
Award winners will be announced at a special gala event on June 18, 2015 at The Grand Del Mar, San Diego.
* Christopher Lee, CEO, ACCESS Destination Services
* Bill Pham, CEO, BAP Power (dba Cenergy Power)
* Robert Moberg, CEO, ChiroTouch
* Zeynep Ilgaz, Founder and President, Confirm Biosciences
* Steven Mento, President and CEO, Conatus Pharmaceuticals
* Lori Steele Contorer, CEO, Everyone Counts
* Ben Hemminger, President, Fashionphile, LLC
* Georgia Griffiths, CEO and President, G2 Software Systems, Inc.
* Mary Ann McGarry, CEO, Guild Mortgage Co.
* William Siegel, CEO, Kleinfelder
* James DeBello, CEO and President, Mitek Systems, Inc.
* Dave Thompson, CEO and President, National Pen
* Punit Dhillon, Co-founder and CEO, OncoSec Medical Inc.
* Bruce Hueners, CEO and President, Palomar Technologies
* Lorne Polger and Mitch Siegler, Co-founders, Pathfinder Partners, LLC
* Bill Keith, CEO and President, Perfect Bar
* Jeffery Sears and James Stuart, Co-founders, PIRCH, Inc.
* JP McNeill and Nick Fergis, Co-founders, Renovate America
* John Buhler, CEO and President and Bill Blair, Co-founder and CTO, RF Surgical Systems, Inc.
* Rich Heyman, CEO, Seragon/Aragon Pharmaceuticals
* Danna Korn and Bryan Van Noy, Co-founders, Sonic Boom Wellness
* Jeff Church, CEO, Suja LLC
* Samer Khouli, CEO, TargetCW, a dba of WMBE Payrolling Inc.
* Jeff Lunsford, CEO and Mike Anderson, CTO, Tealium Inc.
* Robert Hayes, Herbert Mutter, and Peter Botz, Co-founders, Triton Mgmt. Services, LLC and Two Jinn, Inc.
* Peter Wells, CEO, Upwind Solutions, Inc.
* Jody Watkins, CEO and President, Watkins Landmark Construction
Now in its 29th year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 145 cities in 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year national program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall National Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs on Nov. 14, 2015. The U.S. Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in Monaco, June 2016. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year Award regionally are also eligible for the Venture Capital Award of Excellence at the national level. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum.
Founded and produced by Ernst and Young LLP, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are sponsored nationally by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America. In San Diego, sponsors include: Barney and Barney (a Marsh and McLennan Agency LLC Co.), Union Bank, The Daily Transcript, Merrill Datasite, Scherzer International, Cresa, Chase Bank, and Allison+Partners.