EY has announced finalists for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2015 Award in San Diego and Imperial Counties.
The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their businesses and communities.
These business leaders were selected as finalists from 65 nominations by a panel of independent judges. The finalists employ more than 400 people, reflecting 344 percent employee growth over the past three years. Significantly, the aggregate annual sales of finalists exceed $1.2 billion, and the net sales growth for the companies has increased 894 percent collectively in three years.
• Christopher Lee, CEO, ACCESS Destination Services
• Zeynep Ilgaz, founder and president, Confirm Biosciences
• Ben Hemminger, president, Fashionphile LLC
• Georgia Griffiths, CEO and president, G2 Software Systems Inc.
• Mary Ann McGarry, CEO, Guild Mortgage Co.
• William Siegel, CEO, Kleinfelder
• Bruce Hueners, CEO and president, Palomar Technologies
• Lorne Polger and Mitch Siegler, co-founders, Pathfinder Partners LLC
• Bill Keith, CEO and president, Perfect Bar
• Jeffery Sears and James Stuart, co-founders, PIRCH Inc.
• JP McNeill and Nick Fergis, co-founders, Renovate America
• Rich Heyman, CEO, Seragon / Aragon Pharmaceuticals
• Jeff Church, CEO, Suja Juice LLC
• Jeff Lunsford, CEO and Mike Anderson, CTO, Tealium Inc.
• Robert Hayes, Herbert Mutter and Peter Botz, co-founders, Triton Mgmt. Services LLC and Two Jinn Inc.
Award winners will be announced at a gala event on June 18, 2015 at The Grand Del Mar.
Now in its 29th year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 145 cities in 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year national program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall National Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs on Nov. 14, 2015. The U.S. Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in Monaco, June 2016.
Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year Award regionally are also eligible for the Venture Capital Award of Excellence at the national level. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are sponsored nationally by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America.
In San Diego, sponsors include: Barney & Barney (a Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC Co.), Union Bank, The Daily Transcript, Merrill Datasite, Scherzer International, Cresa, Chase Bank, and Allison+Partners.