Nimble companies are adept at finding ways to execute well in today’s challenging marketplace. And T.B. Penick is out in front, pioneering new partnerships and strategic alliances to procure profitable work in a difficult market.
T.B. Penick & Sons Inc. has a stellar reputation for award-winning general construction and delivering design-build, structural concrete and architectural concrete solutions. The company is renowned in Southern California for its expertise in the commercial, public and military sectors and is known nationwide as an innovator in efficient design-build, sustainable construction practices and LEED-certified building.
Penick has become the go-to company for fast-track design and construction in the face of daunting logistical challenges, tight schedules and recession-stricken budgets. The company is trusted for its financial stability, quality people, exemplary safety record and cutting-edge technology.
Today construction is all about teamwork, and in this environment Penick is defining itself as a team player, a builder of partnerships among other general construction companies, contractors and subcontractors.
Partnerships, joint ventures and strategic alliances offer many benefits. In addition to expanding the talent pool and breadth of expertise on a project, partnerships increase bonding capacity, add financial strength and engage the specific expertise of each partner to their greatest potential.
T.B. Penick & Sons brings to teaming relationships:
* Longevity: Penick has been in business for 105 years.
* A reputation as one of the top structural concrete contractors in the country.
* A record of success in military, public and private sector markets.
* In-house structural design and in-house architectural review capabilities.
* Design-build expertise and experience.
* Building Information Modeling (BIM) expertise. BIM involves using building modeling software to generate 3-D, real-time data during building design and construction.
* Integrated Project Delivery (IPD).
* LEED/sustainable construction expertise. LEED is the Green Building Rating System, the nationally accepted standard for design and construction of high-performance, environmentally sustainable buildings.
* Financial strength and stability.
* Bonding capacity.
* Business and contract expertise.
Penick has established strategic alliances with various teaming partners. It has formed successful joint ventures with well-known companies such as Turner Construction, Harper Construction, RQ Construction, Flatiron Construction and Stanek Constructors. In addition, Penick is an active participant in the Associated General Contractors of San Diego mentor-protégé program and has recently been approved to participate in the Department of Defense’s Mentor-Protégé Program. The company routinely partners with and mentors SDBs, WOSBs, SDVOSBs, HUBZone and MBEs.
These alliances create value for all. Penick’s experience and expertise help small businesses increase their success in securing construction contracts. And the partnerships help Penick establish a robust subcontractor base for work on federal contracts and maintain the small business levels required by the DoD.
Joint ventures and partnerships span the spectrum of project types, from new construction and design-build to modernization, seismic retrofitting and historic renovation. As a partner, T.B. Penick offers innovative design and efficient construction as well as precision logistics and delivery planning for projects ranging from military structures to infrastructure projects, parking garages to seismic upgrades, universities and hospitals to hotels and casinos.
Submitted by T.B. Penick & Sons Inc.