Paradise Valley Hospital’s dedication to whole person wellness through healthy living is evident in the variety of complimentary or low-cost health education classes we provide to the community. Nutrition counseling, smoking cessation classes, weight and stress management classes, and health screenings are just a few of our many offerings. The hospital also offers school partnership programs, which provide tutorial assistance and encouragement to local students, and many other programs and services designed to meet the needs of the surrounding community. Even at the mature age of 106, we are progressive in our approach to health care.
Paradise Valley Hospital is the South Bay’s oldest hospital. In fact, we are the second oldest hospital in all of San Diego County, and the largest employer in National City. Paradise Valley Hospital has served San Diego faithfully, proud of our heritage and ability to meet the changing needs of our community.
Today, our 301-bed, acute care hospital offers a nationally acclaimed obstetrics program, the South Bay’s only life saving 64-slice CT scanner, a renowned rehabilitation center, the only hyperbaric medicine program in the South Bay and distinguished behavioral health services, offered at our main campus in National City and at our Bayview Behavioral Health campus in Chula Vista. Paradise Valley Hospital also offers 24-hour Emergency Services, Cardiac Catheterization Lab, comprehensive surgical services, and Inpatient Medical and Surgical Center.
We offer exceptional, personalized care for seniors through our Senior Health Center. Clients of the Senior Health Center are able to enjoy:
• Free transportation to and from appointments.
• SHC handles the billing and insurance paperwork for you.
• Many specialists working within the SHC, including internal medicine, podiatry, cardiology, orthopedic, pulmonary medicine, surgery, gastroenterology, geriatric medicine and the new diabetic clinic. SHC is also looking forward in adding an obstetrics and gynecology specialist to this group.
• Access to translation services in nearly any language, as well as staff members who speak English, Spanish and Tagalog.
• Medication counseling and a wide array of information about many medical situations and conditions.
• Location next to the hospital’s Center for Health Promotion, where the SHC staff can schedule appointments for clients to get added health education and counseling.
• A caring staff with specialized training. A major goal is bringing in even more specialists so clients can get all their care at the center. Another goal is broadening lab services so that more blood draws and tests can be performed and processed in the same building. The overarching plan is to meet all client needs within the clinic, without having to send clients to different locations.
We boast a multi-cultural staff and more than 300 physicians representing a variety of specialties. We have been recognized by some of the most prestigious health care ratings companies in the industry for the high level of care we offer. Data Advantage designated Paradise Valley a "Best in Value" hospital, 2009-2010. Health Grades gave us superior marks for our treatment of diseases of the heart, respiratory problems, pneumonia and maternity care. The Delta Group noted our excellent respiratory care, and awarded us their Patient Safety award.
For more information on Paradise Valley Hospital, call 619-470-4282. The Senior Health Center can be contacted at 619-472-2665; and for information on free or low-cost health education classes, call the Center for Health Promotion at 619-470-4346.
Submitted by Paradise Valley Hospital