Calendar of events for weekend of Oct. 26.
Friday, Oct. 26
• 9 a.m.-1 p.m. - Library open time, no meetings or classes scheduled; Levitt Library
• 7 p.m. - Erev Shabbat Service, Cantorial Soloist Dennis Masur leads the service music; Marcus Sanctuary
Saturday, Oct. 27
• 10 a.m. – Shabbat Morning Services; Marcus Sanctuary
Sunday, Oct. 28
• 9 a.m. – Mosad Shalom Foto Fundraising (click www.adatshalom.com/attach/familyPhotos.pdf for more information)
• 9:30 a.m. – Mosad Shalom Torah Trek
• 9:30 a.m. – Library open time, no meetings or classes scheduled; Levitt Library
• 11 a.m. – Garden Work; Mulch area on north side of building
• 11:45 a.m. – 11th and 12th Grade Classes
Special Notes: Temple Adat Shalom is "Honoring the Past & Celebrating the Future" as we Celebrate 30 years of Ganon Gil teaching the youngest of our congregation what it means to be Jewish. The gala will take place on Jan. 5, 2013. Learn more by clicking http://youtu.be/dsZpsA_7Wys.
• There is very little, if anything, that lasts forever, but an endowment continues in perpetuity, year in and year out, and assures to future generations -- l'dor v'dor -- the legacy of a strong and vibrant synagogue in North County Inland. Watch this amazing video of the Dillons, which explains just how important it is to support your community both today and into the future. Should you wish to speak about a TAS Legacy, please contact Executive Director Jeffrey Frankel at 858-451-1200. Click www.adatshalom.com/pages/legacy.php to learn more.
• Join us Nov. 16 for a Congregational dinner to learn about the "Faces of Adat Shalom." Click www.adatshalom.com/attach/faces2012a.pdf for more information.
• Sisterhood Woman of the Year Dinner is fast approaching. Click www.adatshalom.com/attach/womanYear2012.pdf for more information.
• Cantor is heading to Spain! Make sure you make the trip with her. Click www.adatshalom.com/attach/spain2013.pdf for more information.
• Youth Choir is kicking off once again. Click www.adatshalom.com/attach/teenMusicalGroup.pdf for more information.
• ELECTION PREVIEW- Monday, Oct. 29, at the Temple, 7:15 p.m. Do you want to know more about all the initiatives, propositions and amendments that will appear on the November election ballot? On Monday evening, Oct. 29, a review of the propositions, initiatives and amendments will be given. It is not a debate, but explanations, background information, the pro and con positions, the individuals and/or groups that support either side, and the donors who funded the propositions will be presented - information that will help us make intelligent choices at the voting booth. There is no discussion of candidates. Please click www.adatshalom.com/attach/election2012.pdf for more details.
• The JFF Food Committee would like add a few new members. You can help our temple, make new friends, and have lots of fun, all without having to be a great cook! For more information, please contact the Committee co-chairs: Diane Hillman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Nancy Dunn (email@example.com).
• Don't forget to purchase delicious Julian Pie and support our Mosad Shalom Religious School. Four great varieties, and consider buying one to donate to charity. Click www.adatshalom.com/attach/julianPie2012.pdf for more information.