The San Diego Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA San Diego) recently honored nine local office properties as “The Outstanding Building of the Year” (TOBY) Award winners in its third annual Winter Gala ceremony, recognizing excellence in commercial real estate.
The TOBY Award remains the most prominent and comprehensive program of its kind in commercial real estate, recognizing quality in both building operations and property management. The competition is recognized as the most all-inclusive program in the commercial real estate industry and all facets of a building’s operations are thoroughly evaluated during an extensive judging process by a panel comprised of industry professionals.
The criteria under evaluation for the TOBY Awards include tenant relations programs, energy efficiency and technology, community involvement, unique features and continuing education for building personnel.
This year’s TOBY Award recipients include:
* Under 100,000 Square-Feet: Torrey Pines Court, owned by Mullrock 3 Torrey Pines, managed by Maya Medunic Hausman, The Muller Company;
* 500,000 – 1 Million Square-Feet: 701 B Street, owned by 701 B Street LLC, managed by Christi Kong, Equity Office Properties;
* Historical Building: Colonel Fletcher Building of San Diego, owned by MS Kearny CT 1, managed by Anne Price, Miles Cruz, Nick DiMeglio, Kearny Real Estate Company;
* Government Building: James R. Mill Building, owned by San Diego Regional Building Authority, managed by Amber Molina, Colliers International;
* Renovated Building: 525 B Street, owned and managed by Hines, Property Manager Don Petros;
* Corporate Facility: Santa Fe Summit, owned and managed by Kilroy Realty Corporation, Property Manager Holly Jump;
* Suburban Low Rise: Paseo Del Mar, owned by Union Investment Realty Estate, managed by Diane Stockmeyer, CB Richard Ellis;
* Suburban Mid Rise: Kilroy Sabre Springs, owned and managed by Kilroy Realty Corporation, Property Manager Cheryl Castrence;
* Earth Award: The Aventine, Owned and managed by Glenborough, LLC, Property Manager Travis Gorzeman.
“On behalf of BOMA San Diego, I’d like to congratulate all the TOBY award recipients for achieving the highest honor in our local real estate industry,” said Barbara Puccio, RPA, FMA, of CB Richard Ellis and BOMA San Diego president. “A TOBY Award is a testament to the quality of the properties, the management team and service partners of each award recipient, and we are proud of the many great industry leaders that make up BOMA San Diego.”
The TOBY competition is held annually in conjunction with BOMA International, and winners at the local level have the opportunity to advance to the regional and international levels. BOMA San Diego is proud to have had several local International TOBY honors, including the Physicians Medical Center of San Diego, Hazard Center, Pacific Ridge Corporate Centre, 225 Broadway, Symphony Towers, Union Bank of California Building and the Jacob Weinberger U.S. Courthouse.
The San Diego Building Owners and Managers Association is the leading voice for San Diego’s commercial real estate industry. For additional information, call 619-243-1817 or visit bomasd.org.