Now that you know heart disease kills, tell five women you want them to live! Choose a mission to help stop heart disease in our lifetime.
• Register for the movement at GoRedForWomen.org. Receive a free red dress pin and wear it proudly to show your support.
• Share your experience at GoRedForWomen.org or visit us on Facebook to share your healthy choices and connect with women who are speaking up for women’s heart health nationwide.
• Take action. Contact your local American Heart Association office to see how you can get involved with Go Red For Women. Visit GoRedForWomen.org to find your local affiliate office.
• Visit GoRedCorazon.org for information in Spanish and to learn about Go Red efforts in the Hispanic community.
• Make a difference. Donations that fund lifesaving research and educational programs are needed so that our daughters, sisters and mothers have a chance to fight this silent killer.
• Help fight heart disease in women through donations to the American Heart Association’s Go Red For Women movement.
• Make lifestyle choices to reduce your risk for heart disease. Take the Go Red Heart CheckUp to find out your risk.
• Be a BetterU. Go Red BetterU is the free, 12-week online makeover that can change your life. Choose to be a BetterU at GoRedForWomen.org.
• Learn CPR. Because 80 percent of cardiac arrests happen at home, the life you save with CPR is most likely to be a loved one. Learn hands-Only CPR in just 60 seconds at GoRedForWomen.org.
• Spread the word. Join the American Heart Association’s You’re the Cure grassroots network and advocate for policies to promote women’s heart health. Visit YoureTheCure.org.
Comments are moderated by SDDT, in accordance with the SDDT Comment Policy, and may not appear on this commentary until they have been reviewed and deemed appropriate for posting. Also, due to the volume of comments we receive, not all comments will be posted.
SDDT Comment Policy: SDDT encourages you to add a comment to this discussion. You may not post any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or other material that would violate the law. All comments should be relevant to the topic and remain respectful of other authors and commenters. You are solely responsible for your own comments, the consequences of posting those comments, and the consequences of any reliance by you on the comments of others. By submitting your comment, you hereby give SDDT the right, but not the obligation, to post, air, edit, exhibit, telecast, cablecast, webcast, re-use, publish, reproduce, use, license, print, distribute or otherwise use your comment(s) and accompanying personal identifying and other information you provide via all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity. SDDT Privacy Statement.
All contents herein copyright San Diego Source | The Daily Transcript ® 1994-2015