Commercial Real Estate Alliance of San Diego (CRASD), a leading real estate association, offers professional development opportunities to commercial real estate brokers who strive to be the best in their industry.
The mission of CRASD is to mirror on a local level the purpose of the National Association of Realtors (NAR), which is to enhance the ability and opportunity of its members to conduct their business successfully and ethically and to promote the preservation of the right to own, use and transfer real property.
CRASD is the local industry advocate and information source for commercial real estate. The organization provides information and services to its members to aid in their day-to-day business lives. It also provides networking opportunities through special programs such as Lunch & Learns, Deal Maker Awards and Property Marketing Expos.
Considered the premier awards event of the commercial real estate brokerage community, CRASD's annual Deal Maker Awards of the Year ceremony takes place today at 5:30 p.m. at the San Diego Yacht Club.
Each year, CRASD selects brokers and brokerage teams in five categories to be recognized at its annual Deal Maker Awards of the Year. The awards program recognizes top commercial producers and transactions in the area of retail, office, industrial, multifamily, and land, with one award for each product type for a completed transaction that represents outstanding brokerage of commercial real estate.
The selection committee will judge the nominations based on total dollar consideration, transaction complexity and brokerage creativity.
In addition to the professional recognition afforded by the Deal Maker Awards, CRASD offers commercial real estate professionals access to numerous educational and professional opportunities, including the quarterly Commercial & Investment Property Marketing Expo. The expo, hosted by CRA and CCIM, facilitates deal making between members and the commercial real estate community at large.
CRASD also hosts a regularly scheduled educational series focusing on commercial real estate's hottest issues.
Membership in CRASD is reserved for commercial real estate practitioners who conduct their business successfully and ethically. CRASD provides education and information about current commercial real estate issues and trends, assisting its members to effectively compete in the marketplace while offering the highest level of service to their clients.
Serving as an umbrella organization locally, CRASD promotes programs and educational offerings of other real estate associations such as CAR, NAR, CCIM, SIOR, IREM, ARM and CRE.
With more than 320 members, CRASD is committed to seven primary objectives:
· To inform and educate its members concerning commercial real estate issues/trends, NAR, CAR and Region 20 activities.
· To serve as San Diego's commercial real estate industry advocate.
· To facilitate deal making between members and the commercial real estate community at large.
· To serve as an umbrella organization locally and to promote the programs and educational offerings of other commercial real estate organizations.
· To promote the commercial Realtor and NAR's designation programs, such as CCIM, SIOR, CPM, ARM, ALC, CIPS and GAA.
· To identify the tools and resources available to assist members to effectively compete and offer the highest quality of service to their clients.
· To promote San Diego as a place for business and real estate investment.