EY announced 27 semifinalist companies for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2014 Award in the San Diego region on Monday.
The awards program recognizes entrepreneurs who demonstrate excellence and extraordinary success in such areas as innovation, financial performance, and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. These business leaders were selected as semifinalists from nearly 55 nominations by a panel of independent judges. Award winners will be announced at a gala event on June 17 at The Grand Del Mar.
* Christopher Lee, CEO – ACCESS Destination Services
* John Kontopuls, President/CEO – ELITE Show Services
* Lori Steele, CEO – Everyone Counts
* Marc Van Buskirk, CEO/Co-Founder; and Anthony Farwell, Executive Chairman/Co-Founder – GovX Inc.
* Paul Martini, CEO/CTO & Peter Martini, President/COO – iboss Network Security
* Sean Gailey, President – J!NX
* Jean-Luc Robert, Chairman/CEO – Kyriba Corp.
* Mike Grey, President/CEO – Lumena Pharmaceuticals
* Brandon Nixon, Chairman/CEO – Lytx Inc.
* Amir Tafreshi, CEO – MI Technologies Inc.
* Richard Haux, President/CEO – Mor Furniture For Less Inc.
* Brendan Smith, CEO/Founder – Motive Interactive
* Punit Dhillon, Co-founder/CEO – OncoSec Medical Inc.
* Bill Keith, President/CEO – Perfect Bar
* Jeffery Sears, CEO/Co-Founder & James Stuart, Chairman/Co-Founder – PIRCH Inc.
* Kathleen Sellick, President/CEO – Rady Children's Hospital
* Faheem Hasnain, President/CEO – Receptos Inc.
* Eric Basu, Founder/CEO – Sentek Global
* Daniel Sullivan, Founder/President – Sullivan Solar Power
* Steven Cox, Founder/CEO – TakeLessons
* Al Paulus, President – Trepco Imports & Distribution Ltd.
* Andrew Zanelli, CEO – Visual Communications Company LLC
* Robert Schulte, President/CEO – Zurple
Now in its 28th year, the program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 145 cities in 60 countries throughout the world.
Regional award winners are eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year national program. Award winners in several national categories, as well as the overall national EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Award winner, will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs on Nov. 15. The awards are the culminating event of the EY Strategic Growth Forum, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards are sponsored in the United States by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America. In San Diego, regional sponsors include Marsh Insurance, Union Bank, Cox Business, Merrill DataSite, Scherzer Investigations, and The Daily Transcript.