VisitTemeculaValley.com announces 11 Southern California wine country indulgences, including A Grape Escape balloon adventure, Baily Estate private wine tasting, and Spa Pechanga Bamboo Massage.
1. A Grape Escape Private Balloon Adventure -- Floating silently at sunrise, a private charter or private group hot air balloon flight with A Grape Escape provides spectacular views of Temecula Valley Wine Country rolling hills, vineyards, farms, ranchlands, and citrus groves. After the one-hour flight guests celebrate at Europa Village Winery with chilled sparkling wine and orange juice; a light continental breakfast is served picnic style on the patio overlooking the vineyards or in the wine cave. A Grape Escape also welcomes special occasion flights like birthdays, anniversaries, and proposals.
2. Baily Estate Private Reserve Vertical Wine Tasting Experience -- The Baily Winery private reserve vertical tasting experience is a sensory learning activity for couples or intimate groups traveling together. The one-of-a-kind vertical tasting is available by advance reservation at the Baily Estate tasting room, located at the Baily wine production facility. Five Baily estate vintages of a single Baily wine (Meritage, Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, or Merlot) are presented simultaneously, side-by-side in five individual wine glasses. Guests identify and enjoy the subtle nuances and differences.
3. Bamboo Massage at Spa Pechanga -- Voted one of the top spas in Southern California, Spa Pechanga offers 10 treatment rooms including a secluded couple's massage therapy room with a private steam room, a bubbling whirlpool, and oversized, glass-enclosed shower. The Bamboo Massage is available as a 60- or 90-minute treatment. Hand-carved bamboo rods wrapped with ultra-soft cotton, work over the back, legs, arms, and neck. Masseuses alternate between use of the bamboo rods and applying direct pressure with their hands and arms. Bamboo retains purifying qualities that are imparted to the guest during the treatment.
4. Chef's Table at South Coast Winery's Vineyard Rose -- South Coast Winery has three times earned the California State Winery of the Year award and the winery's Vineyard Rose restaurant is a recent winner of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. The Chef's Table fine dining experience by advance reservation includes five courses personally described and served by the Vineyard Rose chef, and paired with award-winning South Coast wines. The California contemporary wine country cuisine is prepared using natural California beef, fresh seafood, locally and regionally sourced foods including farm to fork from the winery estate garden.
5. Golfing Journey at Pechanga -- Designed by Arthur Hills and open to the public, the links-style, championship Journey at Pechanga golf course is rated as one of the Top 20 California courses by GolfWeek magazine. Journey snakes across the dry ravine of the Pechanga River, over rustic wooden bridges and takes full advantage of the awe-inspiring terrain often with majestic views of the Temecula Valley. The course is challenging and enjoyable with five tee boxes and the largest elevation drop of any California course on the signature Hole 6.
6. Leoness Cellars Private Customized Wine Tasting -- Leoness Cellars believes that the more guests learn about wine, the more they will enjoy it. The winery estate offers a wide variety of private tour and tasting programs with many customizable elements. From signature tour and tastings, and library wine tastings, to private after-hours VIP tastings, and proposal packages, the Leoness Cellars VIP Hosting and Touring department welcomes requests to create exclusive experiences.
7. Temecula Olive Oil Tasting -- At the establishment's original retail store in Downtown Old Town Temecula, Temecula Olive Oil Company (TOOC) offers a complimentary tasting bar daily where guests taste fresh, pure, and flavorful, 100% California, 100% extra virgin olive oil. Throughout the year TOOC features a variety of limited edition, hand-blended olive oils like Fresh Basil (made by crushing fresh, organic California basil with the olives), Luscious Lemon (made with fresh California lemons), and Citrus Reserve (made with fresh California blood oranges).
8. Thornton Winery Champagne Jazz Gourmet Supper Package -- In its twenty-sixth year, popular Thornton Winery Champagne Jazz concerts are ultimately celebrated with gourmet supper. The package includes reserved table under the covered patio, 3-course dinner, and complimentary souvenir glass. The concerts presented May through October on the winery's Mediterranean fountain terrace overlooking Temecula Valley Wine Country include Boz Scaggs, Peter White, Chris Issak, George Benson, Lee Ritenour, Kenny G, Chris Botti, Al Jarreau, Dave Koz, Mindi Abair, Earl Klugh, David Sanborn, and other renowned artists.
9. Umi Sushi and Oyster Bar at Pechanga Resort & Casino -- The new Umi Sushi and Oyster Bar at Pechanga Resort & Casino is the result of a recent, multi-million dollar renovation. Inviting ambiance, inventive seafood selections, and a whimsical South American flair describe Umi. The menu features sushi, sashimi, hand rolls, cut rolls, raw bar, small plates (appetizers), and big plates (entrees). Current and cutting edge are selections with a Japanese-South American fusion influence like Miso Anticuchos Sea Bass with corn and soy glaze, or the Octopus a la Planch with quinoa salad, tomato marmalade, and chimichurri drizzle. Comforting items include clam chowder served in a sourdough bowl, gumbo, and jambalaya.
10. Vail Ranch Steakhouse -- Located in Uptown Temecula within Temecula Hotel Row is Vail Ranch Steakhouse with its innovative, on-site, dry-aged process that produces exceptionally tender, flavorful steaks. Starters include carpaccio while steaks range from top sirloin and rib eye to filet mignon. Classics like prime rib, rack of lamb, and Kobe meatloaf are also featured. Temecula Valley wines include Fazeli Cellars, Leoness Cellars, Oak Mountain Winery, Robert Renzoni Vineyards, and Weins Family Cellars. Topping the dessert menu is orange and vanilla crème brülée.
11. Vino Vinyasa at South Coast Winery's GrapeSeed Spa -- Exclusively at South Coast Winery's GrapeSeed Spa, Vino Vinyasa is a fun yoga experience that focuses on the chakras (energy and aura centers including crown, intuition, throat, heart, solar plexus, navel, and tip of the spine). The yoga session is orchestrated with wine tasting to create blissful "wine and unwind." Availability is limited and reservations are required for groups (minimum of four people) or as a private session.